Where to get new heads?

89mulletbird

My machinist told me my heads have several stress fractures and advised me to source some new heads. Where can I get aftermarket or NOS TTA heads? I saw Champion heads but aren't they only for GNs?

Nobody makes aftermarket heads for the TTA and more then likely all original OEM heads are gone at this point. You need to look for mid 80's GM front wheel drive heads casting number 25527515, these are the preference and are the same as the OEM TTA heads just different casting numbers. If you can find them in the junk yard they should be real cheap. Some new sets pop up from time to time anywhere from $160 to $300+ in the for sale section...these are new/old GM stock. There was a guy in Jersey that had about 100 sets at one time...I picked up a complete set from him for ~$180 shipped a couple years ago. SKTURBO also used to have/sell them as well.

Scott

You might try searching ebay with that casting # mentioned above. I bought a set from the guy in Jersey about a year ago or so brand new bare heads for similar price.

Thanks for all the great help! I bought a NOS set from the Jersey guy and had them shipped to Champion for porting. Hoping to gain a couple tenths with the new heads so I get booted from the track :eek:

Thanks for all the great help! I bought a NOS set from the Jersey guy and had them shipped to Champion for porting. Hoping to gain a couple tenths with the new heads so I get booted from the track :eek:
Stay with stock size intake valves. They are less prone to cracking that way.

good deal...put a nice roller cam in there while the heads are off and bust a high 10 sec pass and get booted in style :cool:

btw, hows that Borla exhaust sound...are you running a electric dump in the back?

Scott

25527515 head question

Just to make sure, can anyone tell me whether or not the 25527515 head castings will interfere with the turbo trans am A/C heat exchanger box on the firewall like some turbo Buick heads do?

Just to make sure, can anyone tell me whether or not the 25527515 head castings will interfere with the turbo trans am A/C heat exchanger box on the firewall like some turbo Buick heads do?

no...they are the exact same heads as the TTA just different casting numbers. grind off the casting numbers and you can't tell them apart.

25527515 Heads for TTA

Thanks. I'm very relieved to get this confirmation because I just purchased some 25527515 heads. I'm pulling the original numbers matching engine from my TTA so that I can build a second engine and have some fun without creating a disaster.

Best, Bob

This is where I purchased mine from Central Jersey Motor Parts Central Jersey Motor Parts - Home

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...285-not-mine-just-something-i-ran-across.html

Looks like he has 50 pairs right now...they are bare for $100 per pair...perfect to ship off to Champion since they want them bare anyway...get them P&P and new S/S big valves :cool:

Central Jersey Motor Parts - 50 pair New V-6 231 cylinder heads

sry to bring up an old thread but are these still the same heads they have a different casting number than whats stated above 22527515 and ive done some searching on this number and cant find anything

I got heads from Champion. I paid him $100 for his cores. So $1295 outright for ported heads. Otherwise I was going to buy from the guy with the NOS heads and ship them to Champion.

Heads are Done

Hi - Just to update everybody, I bought the NOS 25527515 bare FWD GM castings for my TTA from Central Jersey and shipped them to Champion a few months ago. The guys at Champion knew all about them and got me all fixed up. Champion does not have a CNC program for these heads that fit a TTA so has to do them by hand. The pricing is the same as for the Buick head. Turn around is about 2 weeks. Other than the heads, I've had a lot of delays getting my new engine parts machined. So I have not yet been able to install and run the new heads yet.

If you have any confusion after reading this thread, I suggest that you call Champion Racing Heads directly and ask them what they think about the Central Jersey castings. They will be able to answer all of your questions.

Attachments

• Combustion Chamber1.jpg
    Combustion Chamber1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Intake Port Floor.jpg
    Intake Port Floor.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 208
I think its a typo on their website cause i found an ebay ad of theirs with the right casting number on it same pic and description