where to injecto alky on hot air car?

TURBO E38

ANYBODY running water injection on a sfi hot air car 84-85?

IF SO, where you putting it?

Regards, TURBO E38

Not water but pure meth. I would put a nozzle in the turbo adapter. If you have the intake off you could put it in the intake.

There is a thread in the alky section about this. The best location is about 12" before the turbo inlet. This allows the mix to cool the turbo and the incoming air better and still mix properly with the charge. Doesn't matter if it's water or alky.

Can you post a link to that. I wouldn't fell safe spraying that much alky through my turbo.

Can you post a link to that. I wouldn't fell safe spraying that much alky through my turbo.

Been trying to find it for you. The only thing I can tell you is it's there somewhere and as far as putting fluid through your turbo, look at the carb/turbo set ups. Lots of fluid and some of us add alky as well. Also look at Smokey Yunik's draw threw he did on the Fiero with the 4 banger in it. The turbo will break down the molocules faster and blend it better.

still not sure if i would do it. here is a few pictures of blades from pre-turbo injection

Attachments

• turbocloseup.jpg
    turbocloseup.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 372
  • turbocloseup1.jpg
    turbocloseup1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCF2376.jpg
    DSCF2376.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 357
Would not plumb the alcohol to spray before the Turbo. It would not be ideal due to the heat that gets into the air charge while in the turbo.

Think about the 86/87 cars. The intercooler is after the turbo. The design is to cool the air charge after it has been compressed by the turbo but before it reaches the cylinders.

As previously mentioned inject it after the turbo in the turbo-to-intake adapter.

I wouldn't go before the turbo on an 84/85. I do it on my '83, but it also is before the carb, so that helps 'atomize' it. If the water drops are too large, they will erode the impellar blade. I saw that when I was injecting too much water/alcohol for the carb to handle.

Ok so, on a stock hot air there's NOT a lot of room after the turbo... where do you inject it? Any pics?

Place the nozzle in the turbo to intake adapter on the firewall side. I followed Julio's instructions and it works fine. No PICs because you can't see it when the turbo is installed. Brad

Place the nozzle in the turbo to intake adapter on the firewall side. I followed Julio's instructions and it works fine. No PICs because you can't see it when the turbo is installed. Brad

Brad,
Pics are in the link to the the post above yours.