You can type here any text you want

whooped by my own car no way.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

viperkiler

I just recently purchased a 87 GN and have owned a 1970 monte.I wanted to race the two against eachother so i slapped the slicks on the monte and left the GN bare footed.I stage with 3 lbs of boost and my friend stalls my monte at 2700 rpms,when the green hits im spinning like mad as i see the licence plate of my monte ahead of me now im sideways in second gear im flying up fast and he hits 3rd gear and the monte is goooone.Wow.I fixed this problem quick.I did the old switcharoo with the slicke turned up the fuel boosted 5 lbs and hooked like a bat out of hell,all i could see in the rearview was a bright blue blurr.Lets see i spent over 10,000 in engine drivetrain rearend work on the monte and alittle UNDER 3,000 on the GN,now thats what i call more bang for your buck.I used to hate these cars and look what ive done...I bought one.Now i have a fast money pit that ill never get back on a sale and one cheap killer that will only increase in value...imagine that.

congrats on the tr! nice beating up on old muscle cars. my favorite kills.

monte

well the monte has a sb 400 .30 over 350 th 373 posi with slicks running high 12s.Naturally aspirated.no juice

Re: monte

Originally posted by viperkiler
well the monte has a sb 400 .30 over 350 th 373 posi with slicks running high 12s.Naturally aspirated.no juice

Dude, not to be an ass... but, you spent how much?! To run 12s? Ouch.

Look at the MCSS in my sig, I have a low compression, late-model factory iron (unported) headed 350, running on low grade poop gas, doing 12s @ 110mph. Using a 200-4R and 4.56s. No juice. And 50 less cubes than you. My SS has been built from a rust bucket into a show stopper for under $10,000 Canadian. The engine has maybe $2000 CDN in it... maybe that much if I include all of the $50 syn-oil changes and $80 platnium sparkplugs I have used in the last 3 years.

I am guessing that you don't do your own work, right? Go talk to your engine builder and pimp slap him 'cause he ripped you good.

Nice kill for the GN. ;)

Back