why arent there any wires inside my trans?

haywire4130

Just like the title says, I was installing my drw deep pan/4l60 filter the other day and noticed there arent any wires going to the switches inside my tranny. This is the first time ive been inside it, was wondering if this is part of converting to non-lockup or something? The plug is still on the side but inside theres just empty terminals. I havent looked into what the switches are for, does this mean my computer (and chip) dont know what gear it is I, or does it calculate which gear by comparing rpm/mph? The previous owner bought this trans from cottons, on the receipt it just says "street strip 2004r" not sure who builds em for them.

2 switches on a BRF are 3rd and 4th gear. These tell the ecm what gear its by grounding the circuit.

Not sure but the tuning in the chip may not work (3/4 fuel, timing, etc) with the switches absent.

Shoot eric with TT a PM or email and ask him. The other two wires of course are the LU sol and not needed.

Innnnteresting... so I was close. That makes a lot of sense because I had a little 3rd gear knock that I solved b
y going to a dual nozzle on my alky kit but I bet it was caused by running 1 and 2nd gear timing all the time because it never sees 3rd or 4th gear. Strange, I wonder why it was omitted, not like the couple wires were that heavy! The switches are still there, im gonna grab the off a core brf I have laying around and throw em back in.