Why no external gate downpipes?

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Why aren't any vendors offering external gate downpipes? RJC or TA would be awesome. Seems like a good product to look into.

Nick is that pipe something I can purchase thought you? Didn't see one on their website. Thanks for the info.

You could also install an external gate on the crossover if you don't want to change downpipes. Thats what I did.

Buy a header with external wastegate? That's how I have seen most of them set up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

They have realized 97% of the Turbo Buick community gets sweaty palms going over 17psi.:chicken: Little internal gates can control that just fine :p

Turbojoe I think those are the gn1 pipes that still need to modified by opening up the hole a bit..

Gangsta me uses gate in crossover with bleed pipe running over behind the front tire. scares the hells bells outta most people when you floor it lol..

I have a GN1 external gate downpipe. Put it on and couldnt control boost. Took it off and put it in my storage building. Still looks brand new.:(

Gangsta me uses gate in crossover with bleed pipe running over behind the front tire. scares the hells bells outta most people when you floor it lol..

Kinda on the same subject, how come nobody sells external Wastegates that vent to the atmosphere. I love hearing them crack open and scaring everybody around, just wish I could but one from a benefit and didn't have to rely on having one custom made.

You need to look around I use a vintage ported racegate. most any can be vented ,Most people external for better control .... maybe you got a faulty unit, wrong setttings, maybe you hooked it up wrong (that happens ) or maybe its placed in a bad spot.