You can type here any text you want

Wife Kills ZR1 While Returning From Work

• Thread starter Thread starter 68Mustang
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

68Mustang

My wife has a VERY heavy foot, and doesn't attempt to hide it when anyone is in the car with her. This time, my son was in the car with her, and they were returning from their jobs at the local ER. There is one particular spot where the road merges from 2 lanes to one about 200 yards or so down the road from a stoplight. In this case, she just happened to pull alongside a red C4 Corvette that my son said had ZR1 emblems in front of the doors and 5 spoke wheels. My wife, always one to race, started to build boost off the line. My son had apparently turned the boost up to 18-20#. She stopped at 4# when the wheels started to slip. What follows is completely according to my son and wife.

The ZR-1 driver, a middle aged man, looked over and signified his intention to race by popping the throttle. When the light turned green, the ZR-1 got traction and my wife left the line spinning the tires for a second. The ZR-1 had the GN by 1/2 a length. He lost a bit with his 1-2 shift and at that point the GN slowly accelerated past him until they had the ZR-1 by a full length. At the merge both cars backed off the throttle and at the next light, the ZR-1 pulled into the right turn lane, flashed a thumbs up, and pulled away, never to be seen again. My son said his shifting could have been better, but still its a nice kill IMHO.

I guess that's another Vette shown the power of the Dark Side...

Didn't those ZR-1 Vettes go 0-60 in like 3.4 seconds? If that really was a ZR-1 that is like my dream kill. :D

4.6 and high 12's to low 13's depending on driver. If it was a ZR-1 great kill. I refuse to race any turbo buick. I guess your son couldn't see what the rear end of the car looked like, could he?

Originally posted by 90 Corvette ZR1
4.6 and high 12's to low 13's depending on driver. If it was a ZR-1 great kill. I refuse to race any turbo buick. I guess your son couldn't see what the rear end of the car looked like, could he?

If he had... I doubt the story would have been posted here. :D

Cool wife, man.

My son says there was a ZR-1 emblem on the right of the rear bumper area. He saw this while they were pulling up next to it (and drooling, he also says...)

Myabe I should take it to a ZR-1 site...hmm...

I do not doubt this kill at all. Great kill. I just know way to many morons who put "ZR-1" badges on non ZR-1 vettes. Did your son happen to notice if there were 2 black pieces (one on each side) between the backup lights and the plate, or if the car had a high mount on it?

Great kill, as I said before I will not race any Turbo buick. Just too easy to make them insanley quick. Now whered I put that money I was gona use to buy one.....

He doesn't remember. It's been a few months, but normally his memory is pretty good.

Back