Vice Chairman
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2638.JPG
I will be installing both front and rear calipers

These are a lighter version than willwoods D154 standard caliper
P/ N : wil-120-13900 ( SummitRacing)

I will need to use a .500"
all star P/N :ALL44121(SummitRacing) wheel spacer for the fronts due to the 3.5" rim with hardly any back spacing. These things are LIGHT. Here are a couple pictures to start
Will add more as I get going

So do these clear stock size wheels? What's the weight savings? Looks nice thanks

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

not sure if they clear stock wheels
Would bet they do but don't want to lead you wrong without knowing for sure

Weight savings advertised is about 4 lbs per caliper

IMG_2692.JPG
No update yet
Right now I have to replace the front brake lines again. A 90 degreee bend out of the caliper is needed to clear the shock spring when the wheel is turned full lock

Will update after this hurdle

Finally had some time to get a little done
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG

You will need a brake line that has a 90 degree bend coming out of calipers to clear the shock spring

These wilwood lines work

IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG
This worked ok for bleeding the brakes
I had to add an oring to the flat seal to stop it from leaking like hell

But once that was taken care of , I could pump up 15-18 psi with no leaks

IMG_2722.JPG
When bleeding these brakes , there are 2 bleed screws per caliper.
All fluid came out the lower and all air came out of the top

IMG_2720.JPG
IMG_2723.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG
Install is completed
Will road test Saturday when I have a chance and let you guys know how these perform

What rotors and rear disc bracket are you using? Im defently thinking of goin with the d154 race calipers after seeing this and talkin to wilwood about my 15/16 wilwood master cylinder and my options for calipers.

Rear Rotors are Right Stuff brand conversion rotor with multiple lug patterns

upload_2017-3-12_15-4-19.png

Front rotors:

upload_2017-3-12_14-56-47.png

The rear disc bracket was purchased at quick performance to fit a ford 9". Sorry no part number

I have the same calipers .But ordered the dual piston instead. No big improvment for me. I used Russel brake lines. Factory banjo on one end and factory 3/8 thread on the other. But im dieing to hear what you think , performance wise.
You still have the powermaster brake system? Or vacuum booster like me? Good luck

I'm running a manual brake setup...no vac or powermaster assist.....will be a few days before i get a chance to take the car out. I dont really expect much of an improvement performance wise. I was more after the 3-4lb weight savings on each caliper. see how it goes...I'll update as soon as i get it out

I

Yeah the weight saving was a plus. A note for other guys is you can save 100$ off the d154 KIT PRICE by just ordering the calipers by themselves. Stock slider bolts stock brake pads will work.