With your help the dream continues

boosted-para

Hello Buick Brothers,

The response to my original post venting about my job hunt and cars had been incredible! The support offered was awesome, feels really nice to be able to vent to someone other than my wife.

The particular response from turbofabricator is overwhelming. He has offered to build an engine for me! He has told me he Will need some help. While I don't know the particulars of what he needs, if you are willing to help please let him know. Post below is fine,

I can't believe the offer! This is very overwhelming to me. Thank you to him and any one who can help me keep the dream alive.

Jay

Come on folks...........can we step up and help? Need good coordination, though. I will need a set of JE .040" stock replacement pistons (balanced for them) rings, bearings, gaskets. I might have a set of headers laying around, too. I have a set of ported irons I might be able to get for a low price, along with roller can, too.

What other parts you need? I have a set of stock headers I could help out with just let me know.

Wow. Just read this and the other thread. Just to be clear for other readers . . . . Its a HA car. Probably keeping it simple and remaining HA.

Boosted . . . Let me know what parts you are missing. I know I don't have pistons though.

Hang in there bud. You have already done what many would not be able to.

Last edited:
Wow. Just read this and the other thread. Just to be clear for other readers . . . . Its a HA car. Probably keeping it simple and remaining HA.

Boosted . . . Let me know what parts you are missing. I know I don't have pistons though.

Hang in there bud. You have already done what many would not be able to.

Jerryl,

It is not the hot air car, it is an 87 T body I picked up. I couldn't find a way to get the floor welded in. I bought an 87 T body with hopes of finding a motor, but had wheelchair set back.

Thank you for your words of support!

Jay

I have a block, crank, rods I will donate along with the labor to build it. I might have a set of ported irons, if a friend wants to donate, along with cam/lifters. I do have an intake, injectors and even a chip (green stripe old school) some one in Ill-i-noise will be needed to install and start/tune. (Thanks Bob). If I can get a set of .040" pistons, I can start in a couple of months. (REALLY BUSY with work and projects right now.)

Post a list of what is needed ...
Do you already have a complete engine that just needs a rebuild ? The more we know , the faster people can help

Bryan

No engine. I am donating a prepped .040" block, crank, rods and assembly, Would be nice for someone to provide shipping for the engine. I am trying to source a set of heads I ported and also the roller can, too. A timing cover in good shape would be nice along with an oil pan. I can deepen it. Let's make this happen folks!
Ken.

No engine. I am donating a prepped .040" block, crank, rods and assembly, Would be nice for someone to provide shipping for the engine. I am trying to source a set of heads I ported and also the roller can, too. A timing cover in good shape would be nice along with an oil pan. I can deepen it. Let's make this happen folks!
Ken.
Ken . . You always have and always will be a class act!

I need to go look through my parts. I have a 212/212 cam and lifters but they are FT.
What is the stimated shipping price for the engine?

Boosted . . . Not sure why I thought that. Should have asked and not assumed. Lol

We need a list of what you need. I have some odds and ends that I would be happy to ship. Ken I would also be willing to send a paypal to you for some help. Keep us posted .

An idea .. . .
Ken . . Post the cost . . Shipping included . . . With paypal account. . . . and those that feel led to can donate until the amount is received.

Jay . . .
As stated by others . . . Post a list of parts you need.

Last edited:
Sounds like Jay will need an entire engine and accessories. Does your car have a transmission? Torque converter? Down pipe, etc?
Jay, please list what you do have? I also have no clue what shipping will be for a complete engine. Washington to Illinois?

I have the body, trans, ds, wiring harness, injector harness. Thats it. Nothing else.

I did acquire a powerstroke ic and pipes.

I need converter, flywheel, and complete engine.

so it will need turbo, inlet pipe, MAF, along with all the other sensors.

is the interior+body wiring all complete (i.e. ECM)?

radiator?

Bob

Bob,

Yes ecm and wiring is intact. The interior is great! Bench seat column shift, perfect for getting my chair in and out.

Things I do have.

Injector harness
Accessories bracket
Radiator is good
Fans are good
Car has newer Walbro pump no hot wire kit.
Heads
Timing cover

Jay

Things Needed:
intake manifold
Ignition module/coil pack
Ignition mounting brackets
Plug wires
Starter
Alternator
Power steering pump and hoses
Power steering reservoir
AC compressor and hoses
Crank sensor
Cam sensor
.005" undersize timing chain
Down pipe
Motor mounts
2 metal support brackets for acc bracket
Turbo
Intercooler
MAF or aftermarket with Translator
fuel pump Hot wire
Fuel filter
Turbo mounting bracket
Turbo drain hose/tube
Throttle body
Throttle/TV cable mounting bracket
Coolant temp sensor
Oil pressure switch
Throttle position sensor
Oil pan
Oil pick up tube
Gaskets
Rod/main bearings. (I'll measure what is needed later)
Rear main seal
Add to the list .040" pistons (preferably JE stock replacement, as that is what the crank is balanced to,
Torque Converter

Thanks so much, I am feeling so blessed right now!

Jay

Last edited:
Boosted-Para, I am sorry to hear your story. You are at the right place and are surrounded by great people on this forum.

Turbofabricator has my ported iron heads and roller cam and alot of my other parts. let him know you can have anything of mine to help get this on the road! He is about as good as a guy as they come! He's been through alot. He will help you out!