You can type here any text you want

WOOT! My first kill with the T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I was coming back from the 1st Johnny Rays car show of the year in Lee's Summit, Missouri where I also met up with Bob'sRare6. This silver Camaro Z28, I'd guess a 1995-97 model passes by me, but then pulls over to the right to use his phone.

5 miles up the road the bridge for Hwy 150 in Lone Jack is out for construction, which means the stretch of US 50 thru Lone Jack is down to 1 lane and a 45 mph zone down from a 65 mph zone. So as I'm tooling I look in my rear view mirror and the Z28 is right behind me.

As soon as the road opens back up to 2 lanes and back to the 65 mph speed limit, he proceeds to jump in the fast lane and pass everyone. So before he passes me, I decide then and there to "fire a warning shot". So I open up the throttle and quickly watch him get smaller in my rear view mirror.

I don't know if he had any idea at first what he was up against. But eventually I set my cruise on 70 and he slowly rolls past me.

Well I speed up just a little and got beside him...he was still jaw jabbering away on his cell and didn't show any interest in a race. So I just went on past him and proceeded on up the road.

Well 2 minutes later he starts creeping past me, and then at 75 mph he guns it. So I gun it as well and I watched as I briefly saw his tail lights....that is until the turbo spooled up, then it was as if I just passed a stationary object at 30 mph.

Then a few minutes later he creeps up besides me and guns it yet again. So of course not to be outdone, I unleash the LC2 and all she had, and once again I showed Mr. Z28 my tail lamps.

After this I let him pass me by while I went back down to my 70 mph cruise. Then 5 minutes later I decided I'd give him one more rematch....so this time I started creeping up on him and I got side by side with him, but he didn't show anymore interest. Guess he learned his lesson twice.

Damn it feels great to have at least one kill under my belt.

is there a kc chapter and when do they meet? i live in kc too

Hey...not sure if what you're really looking for is cruise nights or what....but here's a link that gives you a heads up on what all goes on around KC...

Car Clubs at Hemmings Motor News

If you look under where it says "Kansas City's Master List of Auto Hobby Events" and click on "cruise nights" it breaks them down by the day.

Johnny Rays usually has one every 3rd Sat of every month, Blue Springs has one the 1st of the month down Main St....there's others around the area. I try to make it to Johnnys and Blue Springs when I can afford to drive 50 miles one way and back. :biggrin:

But several of us turbo Buick guys go out there. We'd love to have another show up. :cool:

Downtown Belton cruise night this Sat. night. Always 4th. Sat of the month. Over 400 cars. Huge!!!

Back