WTB: TA Silent Drive Timing Set, TA SFI Balancer, SFI Flywheel (Internal) .....

Royal-T-Ltd

Jul 12, 2003
Show Me State
Looking for the parts listed - prefer new - maybe somebody's build stalled or they sold the car.... before i buy from TA was wanting to see what people had.....soooooo lmk what you guys have.

thanks - aaron

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Jul 11, 2010
Metro Detroit Area
I have the timing chain new in box and a new tensioner i believe from Ta Performance

Timing chain part # TA V1522B, this should be the one your looking for. Shoot me a PM if it is.

Royal-T-Ltd

Jul 12, 2003
Show Me State
UPDATE: Got the Timing Set [Thanks 1984 t-type]

still looking for:

1) TA Balancer
2) Flywheel [internal balance]

let me know what you guys have on the shelves.

TIA
-aaron

Royal-T-Ltd

Jul 12, 2003
Show Me State
I would not run the ta silent chain again. i had one snap on me in 3 months.
well.... .damn.
was there any type of binding or anything else that led to the failure? Did the chain just snap due to poor quality control? Did Mike T. or anyone at TA help out with troubleshooting the cause?

I still have a GM Nylon Gear/Stock set in my car and have been running it forever - figured the New TA style would at least be as strong :(
-aaron

DR BOOST

Technical advisor
Aug 2, 2001
chicago
well.... .damn.
was there any type of binding or anything else that led to the failure? Did the chain just snap due to poor quality control? Did Mike T. or anyone at TA help out with troubleshooting the cause?

I still have a GM Nylon Gear/Stock set in my car and have been running it forever - figured the New TA style would at least be as strong :(
-aaron
There was no binding, or anything out of the ordinary. it had broken links throughout the chain. i was asked to send the chain back to be warrantied. i did and got the run around. This is not the first failure they have seen.

Royal-T-Ltd

Jul 12, 2003
Show Me State
There was no binding, or anything out of the ordinary. it had broken links throughout the chain. i was asked to send the chain back to be warrantied. i did and got the run around. This is not the first failure they have seen.
After you mentioned it, i did some searching, seems like quite a few people mentioned it was extremely tight while trying to install it.... we will see. I have a Rollmaster Double Roller on my bench, as well as a NOS ACDelco so i will figure it out.

thanks for the warning and response. -aaron

Reactions: DR BOOST

1KWIKSIX

Sep 29, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
DR BOOST,
Question for you: I have the TA silent single row timing chain / billet gears installed for several year now and no issues, with the exception that it did seem excessively tight when first installed.
I'm sure that after several thousand miles it would be stretched to a more comfortable range by now though.
I recall TA Performance indicating that this chain is only recommended for a certain maximum spring pressure (but I can't seem to find that information now)?
I would have a concern using this chain on a hydraulic roller cam, since the spring pressures needed are very high.
Was your installation using a roller cam?
Anyways, my set up is on a stock flat tappet cam with some shimmed Comp Cam 980's to use under 100# on the seat which is quite conservative.

DR BOOST

Technical advisor
Aug 2, 2001
chicago
DR BOOST,
Question for you: I have the TA silent single row timing chain / billet gears installed for several year now and no issues, with the exception that it did seem excessively tight when first installed.
I'm sure that after several thousand miles it would be stretched to a more comfortable range by now though.
I recall TA Performance indicating that this chain is only recommended for a certain maximum spring pressure (but I can't seem to find that information now)?
I would have a concern using this chain on a hydraulic roller cam, since the spring pressures needed are very high.
Was your installation using a roller cam?
Anyways, my set up is on a stock flat tappet cam with some shimmed Comp Cam 980's to use under 100# on the seat which is quite conservative.
you may be on to something, I do have a hydraulic roller cam.