XFI 3.5 bar Map Issue

lazaris

On my XFI I just went from a 3 bar to a 3.5 bar using AEM's sensor. The sensor was calibrated in the system configuration. I used a 4 in the fuel calculation parameters for Map sensor. I now notice when I'm spooling up the turbo on the brake I'm lean from idle up to my 4500 leave rpm. I changed nothing in my VE tables or any other areas. I had a target A/F of 12.8 and now its showing 15.5 adding 8% fuel which is what I limit on pos corection in that area of the map.
I would have to make significant increases on the VE table in this area to get back to 12.8:1 a/f. I dont want to chance taking the car up any higher in rpm or make a pass till this is corrected. Something isnt right. My buddy has had the same thing happen to him as well with the 3.5 bar map. When he went back to the 3 bar and correct .gct file it no longer was lean. I did test if the map sensor was reading correct for Kpa/psi with my Mighty Vac and the psi in the ECM, Boost gauge and Mighty Vac test gauge were all within .5 psi of one another. Any ideas on what would cause this when going to the 3.5 bar map?? Fuel pressure was also verified to be correct. Thanks.

Anybody have any answers? It sounds like the 3.5 bar reads correct but yet your A/F and MAP is way off.. Is you scaling right?? Fuel psi, ect....

This shouldn't be possible.

I have a 3.5 AEM MAP sensor and i havent noticed this problem. I never had it calibrated for anything but the 3.5 though. I have heard of others having this issue with no explanation though.

Ted I rescaled it to read for 36psi/350kpa. After speaking to Cal he said to put it back to what the scale was for the 3 bar. In either case it was still lean.
I had low 50's in the spool up area of the map. According to the lean A/F and the correction being added it would take about a 72 in the same area to achieve 12.8:1. I wasnt running that high of a VE at 30psi for 11.2:1

Bison do you know who else had the same issues?
What are your MAP calibration values in volts?

Try taking your 3 bar program and ONLY changing:

1. MAP sensor calibration
2. Change to 4 bar in the Fuel Calcs table
3. Rescale the VE table to the exact same MAP values

Not yet. It still does not work correctly with the 3.5 bar map sensor. It does however work perfectly when I go back to the 3 bar.

I have no explanation,But i have run the 3.5 bar on a few cars from the install time.
I tune by the o2 and there have been no issues.

It might be a pain,But rescale the map kpa vs rpm table to reflect
the 3.5 bar max and retune.

I've rescaled the VE table both ways (with the 3.5 scale and with the 3 bar scale) it has no effect.

Just curious but did you check both map sensors with the boost gauge and mityvac, or just the 3.5 bar one? Maybe your 3 bar sensor is off?

I had a similar issue with the 3.5 aem map this spring. Not sure what happened but I could not get high enough numbers in the ve table. I gave up and went back to a 3 bar and all is ok now.

10 yrs old yes. Important information yes. The bottom line was when you go to a 3.5 bar map sensor from a 3 bar map, the scaling will be off on the VE table or how it is processed by the ECU. The only options in the XFI are 3 bar and 4 bar for map sensor. There is no 3.5 bar, and therein lies the problem. When you go to a 3.5 map from a 3 the VE table needs to be redone.

current xfi 2.05 ccomwp folder has ICT files for map sensors
heres a screen shot of the list
as the file name implies load the ict and enter 4 bar for map setting
map icts.jpg

When you paste that .ict file. You have to rescale the Target A/F, VE, and Spark TimingThe values in the table don't move when the MAP scaling changes

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk