XFI Boost Controller

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Would like to talk about using the xfi to control boost. Looking at doing this with the thumb wheel option for different boost levels.

I'm coming from a AMS500 using manifold pressure.

For my application, it will be on manifold pressure using an external gate on a street car.

Any input would be great.

I know that you deal with Nick quite a bit, does he not have a solution for you? Why not use CO2 with the AMS ?

Bryan

He does. This post isn't just for me.

I didn't have issues with the ams500. I was tired of turning the car off using a small screw driver clicking switches etc. I'd rather control the whole setup with the xfi. Less wiring gauges etc etc

Would like to talk about using the xfi to control boost. Looking at doing this with the thumb wheel option for different boost levels.

I'm coming from a AMS500 using manifold pressure.

For my application, it will be on manifold pressure using an external gate on a street car.

Any input would be great.

I use the XFI boost controller with manifold supply and can control boost within the range of 15-30 psi. I use closed loop analog 8 strategy using and external pressure sensor on the top of the gate. I rigged up another solenoid so that I can switch to Co2 in the staging lanes if I want to but never had the opportunity to turn it up past 30 yet. I'm sure it will consume more Co2 than an AMS controller so using manifold pressure whenever possible is more economical. I have even hear of using exhaust pressure as a source.
AG.

He does. This post isn't just for me.

I didn't have issues with the ams500. I was tired of turning the car off using a small screw driver clicking switches etc. I'd rather control the whole setup with the xfi. Less wiring gauges etc etc

If you plan on using a thumbwheel with different boost settings, you'll still need to turn the car off to swap between tunes.

I know that you deal with Nick quite a bit, does he not have a solution for you? Why not use CO2 with the AMS ?

Bryan

You are right Brian, I have his car here and hope to persuade him to sell the AMS 500 as it will not do what he wants!

There are a couple new generation boost controllers with dash mounted adjustment.

Controlling a 4 bolt turbo with an external gate, CO2 with solenoids and the proper controller will provide instant and accurate boost control without going through the FAST computer.

Too bad old Innovate boost controller is not made any longer as mine will instantly change boost up or down at 1 psi intervals. :)

Yes my AMS 500 Is for sale. Call nick if anyone wants it. If not I'll list it in November

You are right Brian, I have his car here and hope to persuade him to sell the AMS 500 as it will not do what he wants!

There are a couple new generation boost controllers with dash mounted adjustment.

Controlling a 4 bolt turbo with an external gate, CO2 with solenoids and the proper controller will provide instant and accurate boost control without going through the FAST computer.

Too bad old Innovate boost controller is not made any longer as mine will instantly change boost up or down at 1 psi intervals. :)
Understood.

I use the Boost Leash with CO2 , dual solenoids on a Turbosmart 45 mm Hypergate, works well

Bryan