XFI deshboard reading

michael evans

I have a new engine and dyno tune and saw on my XFI dashboard that it is getting 32.0 MPG.

The number was jumping around at 60 MPH on the freeway so I set the cruse (yes it works) so it would steady on one number.

I was wondering if I can relay on that number to be true ?

At very light load, on a flat as hell surface, with a lean cruise tune, and the wind to your back, maybe. For a moment or two, But not for long.

In doing the math by miles driven and putting fuel in the tank, I found that 24 mile MPG was gotten.

That is more believable to me

I think 17/24 is what’s shown on my original window sticker. I’ve gotten as much as 28 on a long drive with the CC on and a lean cruise chip.

Think your seeing the instant mileage not the average. Most new cars have a mpg reading and you can set it to instant or average. It's all over the place on instant and you can be seeing 40+ mpg for a bit then a slight hill and it drops to 12 all in seconds.

I got 29mpg in the GN with AC, on the HRPT a few years ago on a lean cruise running 65-70 on the highway. I was really happy with that. Around town 20-23mpg just cruising. The E dash reads much higher but never asked why. Same as the DIC readings in my 01GS don't believe that either lol

Think your seeing the instant mileage not the average. Most new cars have a mpg reading and you can set it to instant or average. It's all over the place on instant and you can be seeing 40+ mpg for a bit then a slight hill and it drops to 12 all in seconds.

Wonder if I can change that in the XFI ?