XFI running with no injector pulse

CornFed

looking for a little help trouble shooting my t type. I have no injector pulse when cranking the motor over. I have installed a new crank sensor to be sure that wasn't it. When cranking the motor the injector lights blink in a series of 4 at a time and bounces from injector A-D and then bounces to injectors E-H. Within these two series, all lights will blink at the same time together, and that's all it does when cranking.
When the ignition is not turned over only the power light is on the xfi box and all 6 injector lights are on (a-f).
Has anyone ever experienced this?

looking for a little help trouble shooting my t type. I have no injector pulse when cranking the motor over. I have installed a new crank sensor to be sure that wasn't it. When cranking the motor the injector lights blink in a series of 4 at a time and bounces from injector A-D and then bounces to injectors E-H. Within these two series, all lights will blink at the same time together, and that's all it does when cranking.
When the ignition is not turned over only the power light is on the xfi box and all 6 injector lights are on (a-f).
Has anyone ever experienced this?
Check your fuses. Especially the injector fuse

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Does fast not have a test mode?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
It has diagnostic lights right on the ecu. Without even plugging in a laptop, they are telling him no injector pulse.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delayed response. So here is the complete run down thus far.

I pulled the injector harness plug again and it's getting 15.66v with the key on. After plugging the harness in, the injector clip is getting 15.66v.
With key off, the XFI box has the power light on and injectors a-f. When I turn ignition on, all injector lights go off and when I crank it starts flashing the injector lights in a series.
I have a jumper wire coming from the battery in the trunk to the orange MEM feed wire up front. With just this powered, the Casper adaptor box "stand by" light is on but there is no power to the XFI box. There is something not correct with the ignition wiring since when I turn the key ignition on, no power goes to the xfi box still. To get power to the XFI box, I have another jumper wire going to the ESC module harness and powering the pink/black wire and this will then power up the xfi box and show 12v to the caspers adaptor box, etc.
But when I crank the car the xfi box just flashes a series of injector lights in a series of a-d and then will flash e-h.
Car has a brand new caspers wiring harness on it, but I will say the rest of the wiring is a jacked up mess so I was trying to use jumper wires for the time being to get it to fire and break in the new motor.

I just went through something like this last fall.

When I was ready to just pour a can of gas-o-line on it and throw a match , I took the car to Brain Lorenz.

I got it close by going on-line and using the trouble tree at vortec buick.com

I only got it running so it would move under it's own power.

There are three lights on the adapter. "stand by", "Power" (12 volts), and "5 volts".

15.66 volts is hi with just the key on.

Do you have a 16 volt battery ?

Sorry should have clarified, it's a 16v battery set up. With only the MEM feedwire hot wired, only the stand by light is on with the key in the off position and with ignition on. This is why I determined I needed to "hot wire" the pink and black wire in the ESC module harness to simulate the ignition being in and provide the xFI box with 12v plus. One this wire is hooked up the caspers box has all theee LED's illuminated.

I'm never one to give up, but getting close to parting out a hell of a build and putting all factory harnesses back in the car. Appreciate the help/ideas from you guys

Who’s harness is this?
Also during cranking the injectors fire in batch mode. That is why you see what you see with the injector lights.
Has the car ever run with the current tune in it?

You might want to call Caspers and make sure 16 volts isn't to much and what will happen to the system.

I would think 12-14 volts tops.

It sounds like you are powering instead of grounding the black wire.

Is black wire you talk of the short wire that is coming out of the adapter box ?

I also was having the lights flash but no injector pulse. I opened the adapter box to find the there was a trace burned out and had to sent it to them to fix.

See the fix.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/855540471244138/

Last edited: