Yep, another "which torque converter" post (sorry!)

TheYak

Hey guys, i hate to write this instead of searching but everyone's combo is different. I am getting my GN back together and need to buy a new torque converter. The basics of my combo are below, i'd apprectiate any inputs and feedback from anyone in the know... thanks!

- 87 GN
- built 200r4
- stock rear end
- Weber stroker with ported Champion irons (bored.020 over)
- 210/210 roller cam
- Precision 6765 ball bearing turbo
- RJC intercooler
- Razor alky
- 3" downpipe and exhaust
- stock ecu with TT chip

The right converter will depend on your et goals when you do go to the track. With that size turbo your combo can run well into the 10's with 25+psi but if you plan to run it at 18psi, your converter needs are different.

The right converter will depend on your et goals when you do go to the track. With that size turbo your combo can run well into the 10's with 25+psi but if you plan to run it at 18psi, your converter needs are different.
Good advice Dusty, thanks. My goal for this car is to be able to dip into the high tens at the track with the wick turned up. Other than that, i'd like it to be a fun street car (possibly overkill?) I'd like the boost to come in quickly. The rear tires are 315 wide MT drag radials if that helps. Once again, thanks for the advice everyone! Dusty, if you'd like i can shoot you a PM...

Good advice Dusty, thanks. My goal for this car is to be able to dip into the high tens at the track with the wick turned up. Other than that, i'd like it to be a fun street car (possibly overkill?) I'd like the boost to come in quickly. The rear tires are 315 wide MT drag radials if that helps. Once again, thanks for the advice everyone! Dusty, if you'd like i can shoot you a PM...

Yes a pm is fine. I'll get a little more info from you. Will it be a foot brake or trans brake launch at the track?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You have more ci than me, more head, more cam and more turbo and my car with the wick turned up has run 11.0's at sea level. I still think a 10.9x is possible with more tuning. I'd reconsider how fast you think your cas might be.

Also, I run a 9.5 N/L from dusty and my drive ability is 98% what it used to be with a stock converter but now with almost instant spool.

Here are a few pictures of my car and new engine... just for shits & grins :D

Attachments

• IMG_8925.JPG
    IMG_8925.JPG
    935.5 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC08313.jpg
    DSC08313.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC08353.jpg
    DSC08353.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC08356.jpg