Your three top irritating pet peeves about your Turbo Regal

Dennis Kirban

I am sure some of you may have a list far bigger than just 3 pet peeves. My educated guess based on my experience on the cars I have bought and sold come down to this:

The constant fear of the brake lite flickering on that signals an issue with the powermaster unit.

Wondering how in the world they did the power window option with the end result being they are so slow? Hadn't technology advanced enough in 1987 to have quicker motors?

Constant wind noise when the windows are fully in the up position.

Now its your turn to name your three pet peeves with your Turbo Regal.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

PS: By far one of the most popular parts we sell is various fixes for stopping the car either vacuum powermaster or hydroboost.

The powermaster fear and the constant wind noise are on my list also. I have crank / manual windows, but I have a '99 TA and used to have a '95 TA that has the slowest of all windows, always has been, my '79 TA has really fast windows.

Add to the list:
Sunvisor that always flips down on the passenger side.
Always being called a Monte Carlo
Always having a Mustang in the rear view mirror!

2) Having to wiggle the gas nozzle around, trying to get it just right, because the pump always shuts off several times when filling-up
3) Hard, uncomfortable GN bucket seats
4) The puddles always left beneath both my TRs

I know it's only supposed to be 3, but one more, my #1...

1) All you guys that paint chrome trim parts black. Damn, I need those chrome parts for my 87 Limited.

Last edited:
2) Having to wiggle the gas nozzle around, trying to get it just right, because the pump always shuts off several times when filling-up...

^ LOL, me too.

I haven't been in the TR game that long to come across true peeves more just annoyances with my particular GN:

1. My drivers Lear seat left hand thigh bolster does not extend all the way... annoying.

2. Passenger window only closes snugly if it rolled all the way down then up again... far more irritating than it should be.

3. No armrest

Now I know there are fixes for all of these but other things have taken a higher priority for fixing and replacement so far.

Last edited:
1. Filling up is a PITA, spews gas everywhere if you pump faster than half speed :mad:
2. No cup holders
3. Uncomfortable bucket seats

Good comments as for the seats I agree I always loved the seats in the limited models and also the early Lear Seiglar seats are far superior. May not be a fix but the flip down stay down license plate bracket is a nice upgrade to make less risk of gas spillage.

It's obvious since GM was killing the G body rear wheel platform that our interiors basically remained unchanged during the 1980s even back to say 1978 time frame. The engineers on the other hand created the real sweet spot by doing the drive train much to the dismay of Corvette owners.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1 Small water leaks, small cracks in body seam sealer......the one that really get me is the one drips right on my ECM in certain weather.

2 Plastic trim deteriorating over time ............IE dash pad swelling/cracking, center console lid coming apart, OEM fillers turning to dust (all fiberglass now).

3 Lack of paint coverage on the underside of the roof skin that leads to rust when exposed to humidity .

1. The power windows are so slow.
2. Setting the cruise control is scary. (It just keeps building boost till I have to put the brakes on. Not sure if it works still.)
3. The constant fear that something is going to break.

My car seal up tight no wind noise but the windows are slow. I have 2 78 Trans Am's so I'm used to that.

1) Oil leaks
2) Fear of blowing the motor
3) Fear of blowing the motor

Oil leaks

Gas Gauge works when it wants

And like above.

Fear of hurting it

Can we make this a top 10?
1. Wind noise and everything else that goes with the crappy windows.
2. Oil leaks.
3. PITA to fill with gas.

For some reason,when my headlights on,turn key off car stays running. Of course there the ttop wind noise,sounds like friggen wind tunnel but i think pete at kirbans can fix that. This is the fourth engine in fifteen years,can pull it out in my sleep. Then there is always the money, coulda bought a ferrarri by now,this list could go on for half an hour, gotta love it.

1 Bumper fillers decintagrating
2 Rear main seal leaks, even after changing it
3 the fact that's there's only a handful of machine shops that actually know what they're doing when working on a Buick V6

The powermaster fear and the constant wind noise are on my list also. I have crank / manual windows, but I have a '99 TA and used to have a '95 TA that has the slowest of all windows, always has been, my '79 TA has really fast windows.

Add to the list:
Sunvisor that always flips down on the passenger side.
Always being called a Monte Carlo
Always having a Mustang in the rear view mirror!
Highway Stars sells the fix for your S unvisor

1. Fear of dings in parking lot
2. Fear of it getting stolen
3. Aftermarket Door lock popper doesn't work properly. Cleaning the mechanism didn't help.
4. Constantly tightening valve covers to prevent leaks
5. Only 20 mpg on highway

1 - Every import or mustang idiot driving along side me thinking they have game wanting to race every time I take the car out.
2 - Idiot people who have to concept of power asking me to step on it and burn rubber pulling out of parking lots.
3 - Getting mistaken for a Monte Carlo.
AG.

Last edited: