Quick SM/Knock question

BFlat

Probably a silly question, but that hasn't stopped me before. Everything is stock except for TT 91 chip. I don't have a boost gauge. Wastegate rod is backed off to minimum. Before I have fun boosting, does the ScanMaster show knock in real time as it occurs?

The unit reads knock retard (the amount the ECM is retarding spark timing to stop the knock) in real time.

The knock retard is a reaction to knock that has already happened, and the stock datastream updates every 1.5 seconds.

So its as real-time as practical using the stock datastream.

Bob

You really need a boost gauge
Yep. Boost gauge is on my list. Zero knock counts. I like that. Now to figure out why it pops when I let off the gas. Guessing it's air/fuel, but not sure how to determine that & how to fix it. For now I'm happy that it runs and nothing leaks.

The scanmaster shows the stock A/F sensor first screen, when you are decelling and it pops look at it, if the numbers are high and stay there it's rich, low and stay there lean. Do you know what torque converter is in the car? There is decel. fueling in the chips that may need to match the car better. I'd be talking to Eric not us, we just guess at stuff. ;)