1987 Grand National – One Owner, all numbers matching.

Scott231

Mean Scott
I custom ordered this GN in April 1987…now has 180k miles. All original except for test pipe, Thrasher chips, cold air inlet, boxed rear lowers and polyurethane bushings all around. Ran 12.70s back in 1990-2, haven’t raced it since. For the last 7 years I have driven this car, on average less than 3 miles a day to and from work. Car runs and drives fine/tight. Car was used as Beta tester for Thrasher chips and DirectScan system. I don’t want to sell, it, but reality has set in with two little children at home….

Working Cruise Control, Delay Wipers and tilt wheel. Power Antenna does not work. Car has AM Radio Delete option with factory filler plate in place. Manual seats, windows and door locks. Added an Eaton posi back in 1990; replaced clutch pack last year.

Interior - Excellent with new headliner and front seats recovered with Jax material. Oil pressure and engine temp gauges in proper pod under spot for radio. Rebuilt tilt wheel mechanism 2 years ago.

Body – Hardtop. Car was repainted 4 years ago. Original filler panels & spoiler - excellent. Both doors are rusting and need to be replaced, but the door panels are excellent with new window door trim. Trunk lid also needs to be replaced due to rust.

Motor – all original with welded headers, 30pph injectors, hotwired big fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, adjustable integral wastegate, Mease 3” downpipe and upgraded valve springs. Exhaust is reman, crossflow system with stainless tips. Oil changed every 3 months regardless of mileage.

Transmission – Mike Kurtz built original transmission with 2800 stall D5 converter and cooler.

Original wheels, KYB shocks. Still have original cat in box. Powermaster is ~2 years old. Battery is 1 year old. I have more paperwork than you'll ever want for this car. ;)

Tires are 235/60-15 rear 215/65-15 front BFGoodrich, 75% of front tire treadremaining, 25% in rear. Suspension Air Bags, S-10 wheel cylinders and line lock.

No Trades will be considered. Asking $5,500 obo. Car will be sold to the buyer of my choice. :D Other pics available on request.

Attachments

• SLOWV6 front-3a.JPG
    SLOWV6 front-3a.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,641
Wow, talk about something I didn't think I'd ever see! Good luck Scott, you should have no problem getting that $ considering what some are selling for! TTT

FYI - I cannot access my home-based e-mail accounts from work, so anyone asking for pictures will have to wait until the evening of your request.

First guy to offer couldn't come up with money, so he rescinded. I received lots of compliments on the car at the Central Ohio Buick Get-Together on Sunday. Here is the rarest option on the car:

Attachments

• SLOWV6 interior-6s.JPG
    SLOWV6 interior-6s.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,440
that sweet gn

looks like a clean ride for the mileage. too bad i can only affford 4500 and i live clear the hell in sioux city, iowa where there isn't a single tr in site except for the 79 sport coupe i had. if you know anyone that's selling a 86/87 gn in my price range let me know. would be willin to meet halfway or split shipping cost

Don't know anybody up there but I will be driving from Des Moines up to Lake Okoboji on Monday.

your gn

let me know if 4500 is acceptable. is there anything wrong with the car or any issues that it may have. looking for something driveable so i can get the feel of it and start a restification sometime early next year. when will you be coming up here? reason i ask is because i will have to wait till the end of july to get the loan because i'm waiting for papers to go through on the house i just bought. i spent most of the money i had for down payment on the house. rest assured i will be able to get this loan. my credit is perfect and i have collateral. a few ? i have. why is there a power antenna when there is no radio? is there a harness and speaker wire from factory if i wanted to install a stereo? if you don't want to wait to sell the car or 4500 isn't enough i will totally understand. business is business. that is a beautiful car and whoever ends up with it would be very fortunate.

nice

hey scott, i am a new member and i just saw this ad! i have been looking for a gn much like what you have. please contact me at: the77bandit@aol.com
i would like to make arrangements to come check your car out asap. any other pics you can send would be greatly appreciated, thanks rick :)

Are you planning on selling it with the other motor you bought?

I keep going back and forth on if I shuold buy it or not. :eek:

Also, with a factory radio delete, I assume the harness is still there, as well as the wires to where the speakers would be?

TTT, last guy backed out a few weeks before the Salem race and frankly, I was more immersed with that race than selling my beloved GN.

Price reduced to $5,000 Wife wants this car gone el pronto!