272ci Stage II Buick Grand National

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Well, simply testing the water here as the car hasn't even been pulled out of storage yet. I am not agressively offering my Stage II for sale, but for the right price will let it go. I just bought this Stage II last November and drove it for about 2 months before storing it late December.

Before storing I changed the oil with synthetics, new tranny fluid, and added new radiator fluid. Yes, everything was fresh before storing for the winter.

Items To Be Installed and Also A Part Of The Deal: PT76GTS Turbo, New Bumper Fillers (Front and Black and Already Painted Black - Simply Install), New Windshield Piece Covering Front Speakers (Already Painted Gray - Simply Install).

Fastest Time - 10.12 @ 133mph Video of Freds S2 GN - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This time was with the 74GTQ at work with about 22lbs boost. Bolt on the PT76GTS and expect to run the same number with lower boost.

Price: $26,000.00 Package Deal (For a Street Driven Stage II Buick Grand National)

Now Here's The Rundown:
Stage 2 Duttweiler Built
FAST Fuel Management
PTE 74 Q-Trim Turbo
JE Pistions w/Cunningham Rods
160 Pound Injectors
Forged Crank 3.625 Stroke
ATR Cold Air Kit
4” Mass Air Flow
ATR Water-to-Air Intercooler
Champion IAC Angle Boss
Fully Ported Intake
70mm Throttle Body
Bowling Green Customs Intake
Jason Cramer Power Plate
Champion Aluminum Heads (FRP)
Lock Ring Head Gasket
Billet Roller Cam
T&D Roller Rockers
BMS Magnesium Valve Covers
Duttweiler Custom Oil Pan
Meizere Electric Water Pump
Delco Mini-Starter
ATR SS Headers
Custom 3.5” Down Pipe
External Wastegate
ATR 3”Crossflow w/Dump
Weldon External Fuel Pump
Dual Fans
Bullet 200-4r Tranny
9-11 3800 Torque Converter
Aluminum Driveshaft w/Loop
3.42 Rear w/TA Cover
Moser Axles w/C-Clips
Extended Wheel Studs
Aluminum Rear Brake Drums
S-10 Rear Brake Cylinders
1.5 Drop Variable Rate Rear Springs
Wolfe Rear Sway-Bar
METCO Upper and Lower Control Arms
Bell Tech 2” Drop Spindles
Dual Air Bags
Hurst Line Lock
GNX Style Wheels w/NITTO 555R
5 Point Roll Bar
Front and Rear Frame Braces
Aluminum Radiator
Fiberglass Hood and Front Bumper
AVC Aftermarket Dash
Autometer Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge
VDO Transmission Temp Guage
Alpine CD Receiver
3 Stereo Acoustic Amplifiers
Boston Acoustic Speakers
Powered Subwoofer

I'll upload more PICs shortly. Let me know if anyone has any questions about this Stage II Buick Grand National. If I had to give it a rating, I would currently say the car is a solid 8.0 out of 10. With installing the new fillers and winshield piece then 9.0 out of 10. I'll simply leave 1 point for intepretation after installing the new fillers, upgraded turbo, and winshield peice. I only consider a car 10 out of 10 if it's like new rolling from a dealer.

Good Luck All :wink: :biggrin:

flipmo

Attachments

• PIC 1.jpg
    PIC 1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 4,043
  • PIC 2.jpg
    PIC 2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 4,119
  • PIC 3.jpg
    PIC 3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4,015
  • PIC 6.jpg
    PIC 6.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 4,032
  • PIC 55.JPG
    PIC 55.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 4,001
on or offcenter ?
miles ?
Thanks

Hi there. It is an "oncenter block" with 59,300 miles on the frame. Also forgot to mention that the car has the following:

- 4.1L Stage II
- 6.5" Cunningham Rods
- Cold and Great Working AC (Yes, Stage II with AC which was a big reason why I bought it)
- New Water Bottles Under Hood (No More Black Water Bottles)
- Battery Shut-Off Switch Installed In Rear Bumper (Great Quality)

........... And I'm pretty sure there is a lot more but I think I have covered most performance items and vehicle functionality. I'm quite sure you wont be disappointed. Cal Hartline knows all about this car if you need a reference.

Thanks All

flip

Well that was quick....:confused: That car is beautiful and it seemed that you searched a long while for that. Oh well, that is a sweet street car for sure.

........... And I'm pretty sure there is a lot more but I think I have covered most performance items and vehicle functionality. I'm quite sure you wont be disappointed. Cal Hartline knows all about this car if you need a reference.

Thanks All

flip

I built that car several years ago for a very good friend of mine who passed away. It's a 274ci, I'm pretty sure the rods are 6.300 Cunninghams

Well that was quick....:confused: That car is beautiful and it seemed that you searched a long while for that. Oh well, that is a sweet street car for sure.

GNBRETT, how are you? Yes, I did search for a while but again stated that I'll sell only for the right price. Almost hard for me to believe I already have another GN project in mind with a similar build but more of a racer/quarter car if built right. Guess that is simply the nature of never settling.....hmmmmm?:wink: :rolleyes: Someone will be extremely happy to get their hands on a street driven Stage II GN with working AC and overdrive transmission.

Thanks For Compliments

flip

I built that car several years ago for a very good friend of mine who passed away. It's a 274ci, I'm pretty sure the rods are 6.300 Cunninghams

Hey Cal and how are you man? I knew you would be chiming in soon - Thanks. You know way more about this car than I do - See guys I told you.:biggrin: Hmmmmm, I thought for sure it was 272ci but since Cal stated 274ci, go with that. Oh, I went back and checked the build listing and yes Cal, you are correct. The Cunningham Rods are indeed 6.300".

I'm only imagining now what this car will run with the 76GTS bolted on. Considering the effortless 10.12 run at that boost level, the GTS should put it well into the 9s I'm thinking, without great effort or higher boost. I know when I did play with it a little on the street, she had no trouble hauling a$$.

Well, if you buy the car you'll finally get the liquid intercooler you were looking for - :smile: :rolleyes: :wink:

Thanks All

flip

Might want to post some pix of the interior. I'm sure any "Real" potiential buyers will want to see detailed interior pix. Is that GTS a 3 bolt or 4 bolt?

Might want to post some pix of the interior. I'm sure any "Real" potiential buyers will want to see detailed interior pix. Is that GTS a 3 bolt or 4 bolt?

Sure, no problem. I plan on pulling her out sometime this week for a good cleanup. I'll take plenty of interior PICs and will post, but for right now I can truly say that the interior is flawless with no rips, no tears, no imperfections whatsoever. More proud of the interior than the exterior, yet the car is pretty solid all the way around, in my opinion.

The GTS is a 4-Bolt.

flip

NEW PRICE - $25,000.00 - EVERYTHING GOES

Otherwise I'll just keep. Thanks All

ALSO INCLUDED
- 4 NEW JACK STANDS
- HYDRO JACK
- 3 FUEL CANS

If it's everything I need it to be, I'll buy it.

You kill me Vegas...lol Your everyones hero;).

You ROCK!

That car is really clean. Turn key Stage II street car w/ OD. How could you go wrong? Good move.

Guys, I promise to take PICs soonest (tomorrow or next day); however, the car is still in storage and I peeped in on it today without removing the cover.

Now I have to be straight with all, if it doesn't sale soon then I'm simply keeping and replacing the parts to make it legal to run one of the Buick classes.

I received a call today from the "Mad Scientist" who's clearing space for it soon. If it doesn't sale soon I'm swapping the liquid intercooler for a regular front mount, bolting on the turbo (maybe bigger than the 76GTS), restalling, race tuning, and going TSO racing. :mad: :mad: :biggrin: Chris Lyons, a fellow Ohioan wants to wax my a$$ but he should at least give me a 1-second head start for being a possible newbie to the class.:biggrin: :biggrin:

So guys, just wanted to be honest and give all the opportunity to purchase a "current" street driven Stage 2 w/working AC and overdrive tranny. As it currently sits with everything fresh, the car will run mid-high 9s as is - no doubt. The 10.12 run was at 22lbs so there's more left in the current setup.

Good Luck

flip

have you fell and hit your head flip ???? you looked as long as i did.. it"s VERY hard to find a stg2 car w a/c... I hope you don"t get sellers remorse like you did on the last one.{better think hard on that one }.. I know every time I drive mine I forget ALL about getting rid of it .... you"ve got it priced cheap enough .. wish I had enough dough for a spare gn... steve

have you fell and hit your head flip ???? you looked as long as i did.. it"s VERY hard to find a stg2 car w a/c... I hope you don"t get sellers remorse like you did on the last one.{better think hard on that one }.. I know every time I drive mine I forget ALL about getting rid of it .... you"ve got it priced cheap enough .. wish I had enough dough for a spare gn... steve

Hey Steve and how are you man? Yeah, I remember the SAGA we went through last year with the searches. Remember, it's not gone yet and is still tucked away. I'm just giving all a fair opportunity to buy as it. Until I receive a phone call stating workshop space is available, the Stage II is for sale. So all have a reasonable chance to steal it as is along with the additional goodies (turbo, etc...) I'm throwing on.

If not, I do plan on just keeping and modifying slightly to have the fun I want.

So, what do you have? I missed it? Did you find a Staged Car? Oh, "Fell and Bump My Head" was some funny sheeeet :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:.

flip

wound up buying a car I had to spend a LOT of time and money on... BUT it was rust free and had the aluminum TA stg 2 motor in it.. of course I own a body shop, so it looks like a 12 on a scale of 1-10.. did the interior in leather, { looks like stock gn colors, VERY nice !! from jax seat covers} 81mm turbo, had an accel dfi, had to get rid of that for the xfi.. the interior pieces were pretty hard to find though.. it had been SEVERAL years since I had been around the gn"s.. I didn"t realize most of this stuff was discontinued !!! WTF!!!
it is a 400 turbo, I wanted the OD trans, but was told anything past 9.50s was asking to constantly have it out.. {I would have bought the car that gnbrett bought but was dead set the ac had to be on the car} the turbo HAD a little lag, so I put a 100 shot on it, { I love how the xfi will control it }. man, you wanna wake a gn up, SPRAY IT !!!!! the dr"s just go up in smoke on anything other than concrete.. these are fun cars.. my favorite is when someone says "you gotta chip in it ".. hopeing to run the car in the next month a BG.. sorry for the long reply.. just shocked you"d be selling the car you search SO hard for... steve