You can type here any text you want

Original Style Hood Liner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Kellysgn, the hood pad I purchased from Castle came in a GM box? He told me that these were a GM licensed product?

I have my original 9 hole hood liner sitting in a box its still in decent shape little peeling some of turbo six missing, was thinking of taking it to a sign printing/ silk screening place to see what they say . put one of those ebay ones(395$) on for now fit great looks great but already peeling not even a year old be careful one of the eBay ones is poorly done the turbo 6 symbol isn't uniform looks like some one did it by hand

I have my original 9 hole hood liner sitting in a box its still in decent shape little peeling some of turbo six missing, was thinking of taking it to a sign printing/ silk screening place to see what they say . put one of those ebay ones(395$) on for now fit great looks great but already peeling not even a year old be careful one of the eBay ones is poorly done the turbo 6 symbol isn't uniform looks like some one did it by hand
Yeah, the one I bought is doing the same thing. The pad quality and fit is excellent, aside from the lettering not sticking.

Yeah, the one I bought is doing the same thing. The pad quality and fit is excellent, aside from the lettering not sticking.

Would a couple of light passes with a heat gun and a lightly damp (or not) terry cloth hand towel on top help, maybe? Getting a bit closer with each pass and pressing down on the decal a bit, being really careful, maybe even using parchment paper (like bakers do) between the layers? Maybe even using a steam iron on low/medium on top of some type of insulator to press it down?

Just spit-balling here, guys.

Last edited:
Would a couple of light passes with a heat gun and a lightly damp (or not) terry cloth hand towel on top help, maybe? Getting a bit closer with each pass and pressing down on the decal a bit, being really careful, maybe even using parchment paper (like bakers do) between the layers? Maybe even using a steam iron on low/medium on top of some type of insulator to press it down?

Just spit-balling here, guys.
Simply brilliant. Thanks TurboTGuy

Looking for one, where the best place to buy one? (Either the hoodskinz or OEM one)

I don't believe so, but maybe one of our moderators can confirm.

Their stuff is the coolest, if they are.

Very nice guys.........

Back