Pointers on changing water pump needed!!

RUQWKNF27

' For example:The four long water pump bolts that go into the water jacket are they suppost to have thread sealer on them! Or any others for that fact? I know on the gasket itself to run a thin layer of blk. RTV correct. Anyone know of a good replacement pump?

All of the bolts that go into the water passages should have thread sealant on them. I know some guys put rtv on the gasket, but I never do. Also, don't overtighten the bolts. The specs call for 113 inch pounds. I got mine at Napa.

I RTV all the bolts. Make sure the surfaces are clean and dry and torque to specs. I cycle quite a few times until I don't get movement. Anyway, that's how I do it and I've NEVER had one leak. Clean and dry is the key. HTH james

Ok use blk RTV on all the bolts. I think all RTV is blk anyways. 113 lbs m an I just torque my lugs 100 lbs . It seems that would snap a bolt pretty quick. I figure pump bolts would be like 15-20 lbs .

Oh you are saying inch lbs not ft. lbs sorry!

I just realized your talking about the water pump. (not the timing cover) When I do a water pump I make sure everything is clean and dry and I use a layer of hylomar on the gasket making sure I get it around all the bolt holes. Then I torque the little ones and then I torque it to the timing cover. I only rtv the bolt that go though the timing cover into the water jacket. The little ones I never worry about RTVing. HTH james