Stock Innercooler removal

tonysmach

what is the best way to remove the stock I/C when you don't have a lift? Remove the front swaybar, jackup the frontend and try to drop it down? Remove up-pipe and the shroud (all those little screws) and try to lift up and out? Any tricks of the trade would be appreciated. thanks.

I just took off the shroud. Few bolts down below on the lower mount, one on the drivers side alt bracket... Slid right up. Hth

Remove the screws from the shroud to ic, remove the uppipe, remove the 4 bolts that hold the IC in place.

Pry the turbo to IC hose forward or backwards so you can lift the IC out.

Leave the shroud in place and you wont have to remove it from the car to get the IC out.

I would wash the inside of the IC with gasoline or simple green.

BW

Pull the Radiator cooling fan, then the take out the bolts that hold it to the brackets, then plumbing and then pull it out

The stock intercooler can come out with the shroud attached WITHOUT touching the fan, at least on my GN. Two bolts on the passengers side, one on the drivers, and one underneath. All 10mm head if I recall correctly. A ratcheting wrench works REAL GOOD on the drivers side. I can do this without even jacking the car up ( I used the ramp for the garage:) ). I used kerosene to wash it out, and let it air dry upside-down for an hour or so. Also ported the inlet and outlet, and gave it a rattlecan paintjob while it was out. New hoses and clamps and all is well in the world.

Thats the way I do it and I hope this helps.