02's reading at WOT what do you think?

bayareaturbo

My car has been down for a few weeks. I had the wrong chip and needed to do a few more things with fuel. I got everything sorted and installed this afternoon. The numbers looked real good on the scan master at idle so I went to do a few test runs, 1st run @ WOT in 3rd gear my 02's 816 2nd run 3rd gear 02's were 806 3rd run 3rd gear 02's were 836 4th run 3rd gear 02's 806. In first and second gear all three runs 02's were 820-840 is that normal for first and second gear? Why do the number change each run?

Sounds fairly rich.....but safe.

+1

Using the stock O2 for tuning is an acquired taste. If you want better predicatbility, buy a wide band sensor.

The Stock O2 responds to heat, the longer your in the pedal the lower it will read until it stabilizes. So it depends from where you punch the gas and how long your into it floored.

Low 800's is a good place to be and start tuning. From there you can add boost or reduce chip fueling to get the numbers into the upper 700's. Most cars respond best somewhere in the 780 range at 100 MPH=800 range at 70-80 mph.

HTH

My boost is at 22 I didn't really want to get any higher than that. I have razors kit on dial 5ish and seems to be good there. When I pull fuel from the chip how much % should I start with? Should I pull the same amount for 2nd aswell? 3rd seems to be ok

My boost is at 22 I didn't really want to get any higher than that. I have razors kit on dial 5ish and seems to be good there. When I pull fuel from the chip how much % should I start with? Should I pull the same amount for 2nd aswell? 3rd seems to be ok

If your trying to trim and make the car faster, then pull fuel. The only thing is the leaner you put it, the more chance of something going wrong sooner than latter.

I'd leave it alone as you have plenty of cushion against problems. If you want faster, then up the boost. Leaning it out to make it faster may be worse than simply increasing boost.

If your trying to trim and make the car faster, then pull fuel. The only thing is the leaner you put it, the more chance of something going wrong sooner than latter.

I'd leave it alone as you have plenty of cushion against problems. If you want faster, then up the boost. Leaning it out to make it faster may be worse than simply increasing boost.
You read my mind. I will up the boost 2 more psi and see where I'm at. I will add more alky as needed. Im fine with the power it pulls really smooth. I just got it running top shape and don't need anymore problems :eek:

Seems like i heard that suggestion somewhere before , oh ya post #4, I dont know alot about alky but i thought I heard that safe o2's with alky were lower than gas alone. Julio?

Seems like i heard that suggestion somewhere before , oh ya post #4, I dont know alot about alky but i thought I heard that safe o2's with alky were lower than gas alone. Julio?

Actually you run richer so the O2's are higher, not lower.

You read my mind. I will up the boost 2 more psi and see where I'm at. I will add more alky as needed. Im fine with the power it pulls really smooth. I just got it running top shape and don't need anymore problems :eek:

If your happy, leave it alone. You always have tommorrow to crank the boost up.

Candle that burns so bright doesnt burn for long.

Then you should buy a wideband

I set the boost to 24psi this is my new number. Only ran the car once getting on the freeway on ramp from a dead stop. WOT first & second gear 860 then went to 830 top of 3rd gear 785. Car really pulled great and 0 KR. I had the alky knob little above 6. I'm good for the track tomorrow I will post up the times my car runs. Thanks for all the info

Forgot to ask. last night the weather was in the 60's. The track I'm going to is in the valley it gets 90ish. Will my car act much different with the change in temp? What should I do different?

Get a wideband. The stock o2 is not designed to read anything other than stoichiometric air fuel ratios. That's about 14.7 to one.
Heat, back pressure, age, brand, the stars, your horoscope, etc all affect how the stock O2 will read if you are trying to use it as a wideband.
I first bought one in '03 and haven't looked back. It's hands down the best investment I have ever made for this hobby.