'03 Lightning vs. GN

1970gsx

I was on my way to N.J this morning cruising up I-95 when I come up on a new Lightning with temp. tags on it. I was going about 60 and the Ford about 50 to 55 mph. I wasn't even thinking about racing so I just cruised on past and he floors it and passes me and slows up again. This time as I cruise up on him I brake boost it and wait for him to go, which he does. I quickly pull away from him easier then I thought I would. He pulls up beside me and gives a big smile and a thumbs up which I return and follow him onto the Betsy Ross bridge. He's driving slow again so I pass him on the bridge and he floors it again and so do I with the same result. After this, he flashes his lights at me and we both pull to the shoulder. It turns out to be a man in his 60's who is a former GN owner who had just bought the Lightning the day before. He turned out to be a hell of a nice guy and impressed with my GN. I know with more than the couple miles he had on his truck it would run better, but it still felt good to beat something with 385 hp and 450 ft lbs of torque from the factory.

Now now....

Originally posted by GN and Sho's
Thats a great story! I hope to god that I'm driving such a cool ride when I'm 60.

Now Now...whats wrong with having a STILL "new car hostile" show quality GN? at 60? I've had my 86 TR for 13 yrs and it only now has a small sign of rusting the size of a nickle...rest of car when washed and detailed still looks factory.

I'm working on it. 57 and counting. Have had a GN since 87. Will always have one but it sure would be cool to pull it to the track with a new Harley F150. :D

whitehot84 pull your GN with a Denali Pickkup. If you need more hp add the new dealer installed roots SC. Puts you around 400+ hp.

Originally posted by Dan Thompson
whitehot84 pull your GN with a Denali Pickkup. If you need more hp add the new dealer installed roots SC. Puts you around 400+ hp.

What the hell is a Denali pickup?

Re: Now now....

Originally posted by SITHV6
Now Now...whats wrong with having a STILL "new car hostile" show quality GN? at 60? I've had my 86 TR for 13 yrs and it only now has a small sign of rusting the size of a nickle...rest of car when washed and detailed still looks factory.

Bah! G-Bodies I find are notorius for rust...especially on the quarter panels. I had a 84 Cutlass Supreme and by the time I was finished with it after 12 years from new, the bottoms of the doors, the floor pans, and the quarter panels were shot...and this was after a body job 3 years before!