'06 M5 encounter

soonergn

About an hour and a half ago I was sitting at a red light in my '86 GN, first car in line, when a new looking black car pulled in the lane beside me. It was an older grey haired man about retirement age. No biggie. The road narrows to 2 lanes at the bottom of the hill and I'll be there first anyway. I checked my rear view mirror and saw a late model Camaro SS switch from my lane to the black car's lane. I though "What the #$%^&...do I look slow or something!?" I had my dump open and I didn't want to stall it up and make a bunch of noise over this. I figured I could stay ahead of the black car even without building boost. I was eyeing the red light, just waiting to pounce on the green light since I was in a hurry to get back to work. The light turns green and I give it a healthy amount of gas. What?!! The black car is passing me through the intersection! HEY! Oh no you don't! I mash the throttle and no boost is built up. I feel really s-l-o-w right about now but heck, it's too late anyway 'cause he's already changing lanes in front of me! It's then that I notice the "M5" emblem on the trunk lid. Geese, was I snoozing on this one!! Oh well, at least the Camaro SS stayed behind me. I studied the taillights and the whole back of the car so I could check out M5's on the internet when I got to work and see if it was the new one with a 500 horse V-10. Sure enough, It was. I just know that old guy was snickering all along while sitting next to me!! :frown:

he's right, my brother in law has a new m-5 and i tell ya it's sweet i had the car at 140mph coming from atlanta to miami ( i did'nt do 140 the whole time :biggrin: ) but at 140 i could have still gone faster, i love it f-1 paddle shift and 7 speed tranny sure is nice check it out below ;)

Attachments

• Picture 4011.JPG
    Picture 4011.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 268
  • Picture 4045.JPG
    Picture 4045.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 249
Yep. I remember seeing that same vent in the fender that you can see in the second pic when I looked over at him. It made me wonder what kind of car it was but I sure didn't expect that to happen! Now I'm dreaming about upgrading the torque converter, drag radials, alky system, etc... I'm on the lookout for this guy now and I won't be caught snoozin' again.

Those M5's are sweet but $$$; I have been looking for one since they put the new V-10 in them.

I finally got a chance to run one this past Saturday (in my Cobra). The funny thing was that he actually came through traffic to come pick on me :eek: which is pretty rare from the high-end vehicles. Let's just say he's going to be ALOT more careful picking on Cobras in the future.

The car was one of the faster cars I've run on the street and he had a passenger. It pulled well on the highway, but when we exited and I got to run from a dig, he didn't seem nearly as fast. :confused:

I'm glad I'm decently modded or it would have been ugly for me. They are fast cars, especially from a roll.