1-2 shift issues

thbjcb

rebuilt about 2K ago. Having problems with 1-2 at part throttle and WOT. sometimes it shift into 2nd OK but mostly it will rev to 3k before shifting. once it is in gear it seems fine. I have some experieince with engines but zero working on trannys. What could be the cause?

There is a pressure port just above the shift linkage, install a pressure gauge shift into each gear and note the pressure. Have some one pull the TV cable all the way out with the engine at idle and check pressure you should see an increase and note those pressures. It sounds like there is a pressure problem around the servo area.

what pressures should I expect thorugh the gears. Where do I get a pressure gauge and how much are they?

No it origianlly worked fine. This one of those classic cases(penny wise dollar foolish) where I bought all of the best parts and had the local guy install them. For the first two months(2 years ago) I went back to him several times with different problems. I DO NOT want to deal with him any more.