1-2 Shift Knock / Shift Point

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
Hi guys, to set the table I've suspected my transmission of causing kr on the 1-2 shift. I am seeing 15* of kr on the 1-2 shift. I've been through the car looking for other reasons. The WOT shifts were 5850. So the other night I backed off the tv cable and @ 12 # of boost it shifted at 5350 - and the kr dropped to 1.6*. The reason for the low boost is just getting it back on the road. I am looking for advice on what the shift point should be. And when I up the boost, will the shift point change or stay the same? Could high line pressure cause really hard shifts, and cause shift knock? Also where is the port to check line pressure. Lots of questions I know...
Thanks
Darren

Got the trans port answer - but sill looking for advice on the other ?'s. Any help would be appreciated.

i have the same issue. i am running a rebuilt trans with shift kit and sometimes i will get 13kr at the 1-2 shift at wot from a dig. if i roll into it i don't get any kr.

shift

Hi guys, to set the table I've suspected my transmission of causing kr on the 1-2 shift. I am seeing 15* of kr on the 1-2 shift. I've been through the car looking for other reasons. The WOT shifts were 5850. So the other night I backed off the tv cable and @ 12 # of boost it shifted at 5350 - and the kr dropped to 1.6*. The reason for the low boost is just getting it back on the road. I am looking for advice on what the shift point should be. And when I up the boost, will the shift point change or stay the same? Could high line pressure cause really hard shifts, and cause shift knock? Also where is the port to check line pressure. Lots of questions I know...
Thanks
Darren

Higher boost WILL raise shift points
Higher line pressure will cause harder shifts whicj could cause knock
Be carefull of backing off TV and goint WOT--you are lowering line pressure.

Ok thanks for confirming that LOT. I checked the line pressures tonight and here's what I found at idle:
Park = 80
Rev = 130
N = 100
OD = 100
D = 100
2 - 270
1 - 270

Transmission Issues

Hmmm... not getting much action on this thread :rolleyes: So by the numbers it looks like they're ok except for reverse. Can anybody comment on that? Also I noticed that while in park, I could feel a vibration in the hose and guage. But in neutral it was silky smooth? Can anybody comment on that?
Thanks
Darren

I would check torgue converter bolts and while cover is off see if the flex plate shows signs of cracking.Check motor and tranny mounts etc.If the car chirps the tire on the shift that could also effect the knock.Good luck

Kevin