10.71 @ 122.61 mph, new PB

turbo6x2

10 second hot air
Well we made it to the track one more time and the time slip looks like this from Martin Michigan

r/t .5052
60ft 1.4936
300ft 4.3138
594ft 6.3017
1/8 6.7509
1/8 mph 100.19
1000 8.8857
1000 mph 113.65
1/4 et 10.7148
1/4 122.61

air temp 50 degrees. Was so great!!!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That is AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations. I am SO jealous...and lazy. :biggrin:

NICE!!!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You are truly a pioneer with the H/A cars. Keep up the great work!!!

:eek: 10.71......HOLY S#!T!!!:eek:

WOW! - and CONGRATS :biggrin:
What else can I say .....

Thanks guys now to move on to project X and see what we can do with that. The tracks don't open till April again and I have lots to do.

jamie, congrats to you. how much boost you running? i know you where only at 22 or so last time.

It was 25 # when I ran the 11 teens we were pushing the turbo to 30 # for the last ten second pass, before that was 29# I know a lot of boost but the tune was there. The cold air was making a huge difference in how much boost the turbo was making. I think it could have handled a bit more boost but we really didn't want to test that theory. This turbo was one of the hybrid limited did for Lee and I bought and had gone through and re balanced. Works great. Hoping if things go well with our next mod to only have to run 22-24 pounds of boost to get the same results. But this depends on how everything comes together it's just an idea right now that we are working on. But for my set up right now it worked. The engine is still running great and the car responded. Also thinking about going to E-85 next year for a cooling effect full time. Lots of projects to think about.

It was 25 # when I ran the 11 teens we were pushing the turbo to 30 # for the last ten second pass, before that was 29# I know a lot of boost but the tune was there. The cold air was making a huge difference in how much boost the turbo was making. I think it could have handled a bit more boost but we really didn't want to test that theory. This turbo was one of the hybrid limited did for Lee and I bought and had gone through and re balanced. Works great. Hoping if things go well with our next mod to only have to run 22-24 pounds of boost to get the same results. But this depends on how everything comes together it's just an idea right now that we are working on. But for my set up right now it worked. The engine is still running great and the car responded. Also thinking about going to E-85 next year for a cooling effect full time. Lots of projects to think about.

Awesome Jamie and Karl (Jamie listed first, since it is "your car" ... :biggrin: )
I truly applaud and admire your persistence!

people ask me why everybody buys 86 87's i tell them they are easy to make fast then i tell them you can make hot air cars fast to but you got to be a little smarter, thanks for proving my point.bump for a bad buick!

This was our goal from the beginning it just took a while to get there. I know we had a lot of folks tell us this would never happen or was a real waste of time. I'll stick with nonintercooled for now thank you.

Why be like everyone else, that's no fun.

AWESOME... I think the E85 will help out alot. Thanks for picking up were Leeo and Dewayne left off. I had plan to take a similiar route only change would be the 87 intake:eek: . Keep at it:cool:

That would be an option, if project x works out then I might have something to help out the hot air community again. We are starting to develope this idea now and as I get the information going I'll let you know what we are trying to do. It's going to be a bit of a modification to the set up.

E 85 what I have been told with just switching over to E 85 no other changes (On on intercooled set up mind you) they are seeing horsepower increases of 45-50 just from this conversion. Now for a hot air and trying to cool the charge I think the benefits are going to be significant and really help. I have this in the works as well and look forward to getting some data together, but as always this will be a little bit down the road to make this happen. I think the horsepower gain alone would be worth the change not to mention VP is developing an E85 that will be 112 Octane out next year, so you would have the cooling effect plus the extra octane which will help with performance as well. Then I have a viper that wants to race me in 09, it would seem I edged him out by running my 10.71 to his uncaged car running a 10.75. I have to be ready. :D