109 block

i have one for $300.00 plus shipping. Shipping must be arranged by you with a carrier like DHL that will package this item.......Dave

Doc, I have a 100% stock 84 109 block. I live 20 minutes north of indy, so I am very close. I'd be wiling to meat in the middle on 74 if you'd like. I only want 250 for it.

Doc, I have a 100% stock 84 109 block. I live 20 minutes north of indy, so I am very close. I'd be wiling to meat in the middle on 74 if you'd like. I only want 250 for it.

If it's an '84, it's probably not a 109 ('86-'87.) How many bolts hold the oil pan on?

I was told the 109 stands for the size of the block, as in the bore size, make sense. I was told they were all the same. IM not sure as to bolt holes. I can check here in a little bit. Does the amount of bolts determine if its a 109 or not? I still thought they were the same block, just different amount of holes for the oil pan.

I was told the 109 stands for the size of the block, as in the bore size, make sense. I was told they were all the same. IM not sure as to bolt holes. I can check here in a little bit. Does the amount of bolts determine if its a 109 or not? I still thought they were the same block, just different amount of holes for the oil pan.

109 is the last digits of the casting numbers on the side of the block. Non 109 blocks will have 14 bolts holding the oil pan on while 109 blocks will have 20 (although some '84-85 blocks may also have 20.) Also, 109's can be found in '86-87 cars (RWD Olds and Buicks.)

Yeah, I just checked and I do see that now. I found it on gnttype.org. From what I can tell there are two differences. One is the oil pan has 14 compared to 20. Not a big deal by any means. The second thing I see is the hole for the oil return from the turbo. Ive seen people just drilling a hole there, and putting in a grommet. No biggy. Just let me know. Its cheaper, and still basically the same thing, and Im close. =-)

Yeah, I just checked and I do see that now. I found it on gnttype.org. From what I can tell there are two differences. One is the oil pan has 14 compared to 20. Not a big deal by any means. The second thing I see is the hole for the oil return from the turbo. Ive seen people just drilling a hole there, and putting in a grommet. No biggy. Just let me know. Its cheaper, and still basically the same thing, and Im close. =-)

Not all 109's have the drain hole drilled. There are NA 109's....only differencce is the drain hole.

So, there really isnt any need wanting a 109 block, over an 84 block? I mean there is basically no benefits from one to the other. Sounds like DOC still needs to get mine! =-)