10sec Gn Vs 10Sec Evo Streetplay

On the street that GTR is silly naughty...I'm sure it rips at the track just as hard..... but it must be nice being able to take out 8 second cars in a street setting :p

Eight second Camaro lol? Are you sure? Meh, didn't hear any supercharger on that Camaro. Damn thing could use an F3 Procharger, and quick. I'd like to see that GT-R up against some sleeper Vipers, bring'em down a peg or ten...

Was fun though, wasn't it? We would circle Juniper park about a thousand times and the place was absolutely mobbed, then take the LIE over to Franny Lou and drive up and down that strip. Seems like freaking yesterday. Good times, good music, it was the best... :)
Please stop!!:Dyou going to make me CRY!! :DAt least we were the lucky one that live them good old days.
That why i tell the young BOYS we had the Best time , when it came to street Drag Racing . you might have the fasted car now but we had the best time..

Eight second Camaro lol? Are you sure? Meh, didn't hear any supercharger on that Camaro. Damn thing could use an F3 Procharger, and quick. I'd like to see that GT-R up against some sleeper Vipers, bring'em down a peg or ten...

That camaro got hole shotted so bad it didnt have a chance. You can see him pedal it and at about 2:01 you can see him get back into and actually start recovering before giving up. Theres no way he could have caught that GTR but he definitely had a much better power to weight ratio. On a prepped drag strip id put the $ on the Camaro.

But that is the beauty of the GTR and Awd in general....you need some skill and some hook with insanely fast track cars like that camaro. The GTR just holds down the brake and boom...launch heaven on the street. As Bison mentioned... on a prepped track the story would be reversed...even the owner of the GTR stated it many times...including in the youtube comments. Nevertheless it's always nice to see a little street action with a car that shouldn't be there :p

That camaro got hole shotted so bad it didnt have a chance. You can see him pedal it and at about 2:01 you can see him get back into and actually start recovering before giving up. Theres no way he could have caught that GTR but he definitely had a much better power to weight ratio. On a prepped drag strip id put the $ on the Camaro.
X2
You're right. A better driver would of been a hole diffent story.

But that is the beauty of the GTR and Awd in general....you need some skill and some hook with insanely fast track cars like that camaro. The GTR just holds down the brake and boom...launch heaven on the street. As Bison mentioned... on a prepped track the story would be reversed...even the owner of the GTR stated it many times...including in the youtube comments. Nevertheless it's always nice to see a little street action with a car that shouldn't be there :p

Definitely agree with Bison too, but I think the problem with many Domestic builds is that they get caught up with the traditional way of doing things, like focusing on torque. Most Imports don't even know what torque is, which is why they focus on high revving horsepower and will essentially blow the doors off of anything at top speed. I will give the GT-R it's due, because they are extremely fast when worked on. However, I really think Domestics need to focus more on top end camshafts and higher flowing heads instead of just torque, because torque really doesn't win races anymore. Maybe from stop light to stop light in a 60-mph zone, but that's about it. Here is a very well known build from overseas, and this LSX is killer with a Vortech YSI. He runs a GT-R in essentially stock form, and the GT-R, although ET's slower, traps a lot quicker, and in my book the GT-R wins because of that. If the owner of the LSX was running a T-Rex camshaft (with less overlap so the boost doesn't go shooting out of the exhaust valve), and turned up the boost he would have trapped so much faster. I will most certainly give the GT-R the credit it deserves though... :cool:

Street Lethal said:
Definitely agree with Bison too, but I think the problem with many Domestic builds is that they get caught up with the traditional way of doing things, like focusing on torque. Most Imports don't even know what torque is, which is why they focus on high revving horsepower and will essentially blow the doors off of anything at top speed. I will give the GT-R it's due, because they are extremely fast when worked on. However, I really think Domestics need to focus more on top end camshafts and higher flowing heads instead of just torque, because torque really doesn't win races anymore. Maybe from stop light to stop light in a 60-mph zone, but that's about it. Here is a very well known build from overseas, and this LSX is killer with a Vortech YSI. He runs a GT-R in essentially stock form, and the GT-R, although ET's slower, traps a lot quicker, and in my book the GT-R wins because of that. If the owner of the LSX was running a T-Rex camshaft (with less overlap so the boost doesn't go shooting out of the exhaust valve), and turned up the boost he would have trapped so much faster. I will most certainly give the GT-R the credit it deserves though... :cool:

YouTube Video

I'd bet that Camaro had more torque and horsepower than the GTR. It just couldn't be
applied. Probably 8000+ rpm at the traps. Your theories about turbocharging and camshafts are off a little. Overlap will increase peak cylinder pressure and narrow the power band. Which raises peak hp and lowers peak torque vs less overlap.

Your theories about turbocharging and camshafts are off a little. Overlap will increase peak cylinder pressure and narrow the power band. Which raises peak hp and lowers peak torque vs less overlap.

Theories? I was talking supercharger, not turbo. Overlap is detrimental to the former, not the latter...

Street Lethal said:
Here is a very well known build from overseas, and this LSX is killer with a Vortech YSI....
Street Lethal said:
If the owner of the LSX was running a T-Rex camshaft (with less overlap so the boost doesn't go shooting out of the exhaust valve), and turned up the boost he would have trapped so much faster.

Theories? I was talking supercharger, not turbo. Overlap is detrimental to the former, not the latter...
You are correct. If they ran a lot of LS with a supercharged engine they were leaving potential on the table. Idk what i was thinking about.

Those GT-R are the sh!t~!!!!!!!

got beat by one at my local track and have to say mid 9 second street CAR!!!!

JD