11.79 @119.69 need help

y-hate

Gone In Sixty
Just got back from Beech Bend raceway in BowlingGreen last night and my 60ft time sucks,here is an example my two best runs tuning it down from a 12.49 60ft. 2.107 run 2) 12.28 60ft. 2.002 run 3) only run with a street chip 12.013 60 ft. 2.100 and then my two best are 11.88 60 ft 2.059@116.8 then 11.79 2.032 60ft.@119.69 all runs was with 23psi, i could not make no more than 3psi it felt like the boost wanted to do more but could not. My take off was so sluggish i had to walk my VICTIMS down(since i was the only GN my friend that was with me said the crowd was going wild as i pass my victims with ease when they got the jump on me at the line about 3 car lengths) but anyway back to my problem I not building up any boost at the line....what gives :confused: i checked for exaust leaks(none) what else? the turbo spools good down the track but just getting it to build boost at the line is my problem.............and i hope i gave the crowd something to look forward to on the 14th considering the torture of watch some slow ZR1 the best time i seen was a 12.47 on street tires i think...any ideas would help

Not sure what you have for a DownPipe and wastegate, but it is almost exactly like when I had a stuck wastegate (not as bad though) and could only run 13's at 110mph. I could build about 2-3 psi at the line, but that was waiting forever and still left like a grandma untill it finally built about 10psi and just launched (about the 60' mark)

I would pull apart your wastegate and double check that it isn't carboned up like mine was. That would definately do it.

Also make sure you aren't running pig rich as that will cause really slow spoolup.

i`m running the 009`injectors 91/2 precision stall 3000 te-45 turbo, and also i thought it was running rich on take off so i drop the fuel pressure from 44psi to 40 same results. the street chip was from Brutal six, i have a race chip from them but did not use, because i told my friend that i ran a 11.98 with another chip last year(Ramcharger)and he wanted me to use it..could my boost be bleeding off somewhere?

any scan too info or egts? Sounds either rich, tight converter, or leaking wastegate.

That is a tight converter for a 45.....have you had more boost out of it before?

I used to get 10# of boost at 3000 if I stood on it long enuf but more stall made it much nicer.

like Steve says...TE-45 likes more stall and real lean at spool up....we also had a problem (before MaxEffort chip) spooling with straight 116 fuel

800mv+ going down the track and i wanted a 3000 stall thinking it would help on the street, i drive this car everywhere and when i try to build boost even getting it up too 1 to 2psi i can feel a lot of lag(lost of power)just sitting there.............I will take the th dp off and see what` s going on

Check all connections from the turbo through the intercooler to the TB. Mine did exactly that when one of the intercooler's hose clamps was loose. HTHS

car is making great power on top ...what head's or head work you have done and what cam?

not that it has to do with you 60 ft just that im curious

i am going to a te45 turbo and all i've read it seems to like 33-3500 stall.

My car with the same stall was fine up in third gear but from a roll in low, it would take 40' to get into boost.

I think you need fmore stall. Suggested stall for that turbo is normally up around 3400.

I will concur you need more stall. I ran that turbo just for fun with the old tranny with 2800-2900 stall and it took a city block to spool. then threw in the 400 trans and precision 37-3800 stall and it spools quicker than a stocker (too quick at times but I just need a bigger turbo hehe) I would think for a driver you could compromise with maybe a 32-3300 stall still a bit low but much better for daily use. as others have said lean out the spool up fueling it makes more heat and thus spools quicker. only thing is unless you have DFI fell-pro it has to be done with the chip.

or you could get a trans brake
or you could play with a 25 shot of nos
or you could just sit on the line for a week and really piss off your tranny building boost

M&A heads and a 218/218 comp cam and i`ve checked intercooler pipe hose every thing is ok, would a 3400 stall be good on the street as far a top end 145+mph ex. not like i`m going to do that on the street:D

a te-45 and 3,000 stall is not a good match....if you want a tight converter, I would say get a smaller turbo...you cannot have it both ways (or put up with the lag)....my 3600 stall Precision worked best with the '45...I have a 3200 in there now and it is not much good (ie is it very hard to run a good 60' time)

Hmmm, my 87 loves the 9" PTC 3200 now that it's stalling like it should..:rolleyes: Anything below a 40 roll and traction is only wishful thinking. It spools right NOW...no lag at all. I tried a run from a 25 roll last night just to check spool-up and knock.....left two long black marks and I'm only at 16#.....Dang 45 spools quicked than the 44 on the 86....Gotta hate when that happens..:D

Sounds like either a rich problem or maybe something in the convertor isn't right. When you try to spool it up, does the motor sound like it's struggling to build revs? Also, what's the O2's when you start spooling up before launch?

How much would be for a upgrade on the converter? It was HELL putting the transmission in by myself, i dont think i can do it twice but if needed SO BE IT, just curious what times would i had if i got my 60ft. down to about 1.6 or 1.7?

a 1.6 at 119 would be in the 11.2-3 range.....while you have that tranny out, put a t-brake in it......you won't believe the difference!

no the motor does not struggle, but it pulls like a bat in Haiti after i take off

Just a couple of suggestions here:

-Set the WG up tuner style with a tight wastegate rod.
-A 3500 stall will work better and you should get a free re-stall with a Precision unit.
-009's aren't suited for a TE-45. You are much safer with 55-72's.
-A street chip usually doesn't have the DC to run good track times safely.

How are your brakes?

I got no problems with the brakes it hold the little boost that i had, and i have to talk to precision this week when in go back to BG this week about a re-stall and since this my first time out with a new cam and trans. i was going to try to tune it up with the 009`s then upgrade the injectors, it was still running rich down the track 800mv+23psi