12.7 with my combo??

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
now dont get me wrong, a 12.7 is not bad in fact its the fastest ive ever gone in my life, but im kinda wondering if i just babied this monster and didnt really let it unleash its true power.12.7@105 w/18lbs of boost and launched the car at 6lbs of boost with some slicks at the track. let me know if this car still has a lot in store for these haters in las vegas. combo in my sig. thanks.

thats not a bad run, but i think if you turn the boost up a few pounds you will be happier. i went 12.90 with my car on street tires and that was babying it. looks like you have a little more done than me. turn up the boost , you should be able to get into the 11s.:D

Were you in street trim or race trim? My Buick seems to like race gas and more timing. I have heard that this makes them go faster. Looking at your mods in race trim you should be in the 11s I would think....if you were in street trim then a 12.7 probably isn't that bad.

This may not work for you but last at the Vegas meet my first run was a 12.73 . I went to the pits and opened the exhaust pulled back on the track and ran 11.95. Give it a try it sure helps on my t type.

REG

You need to realize that this past weekend in Vegas you would be running at an equivalent altitude of 4500'+. Without knowing the rest of your build. times and experience, I would say it is a very good E.T. for the conditions.

Keep working on it but do not get impatient, you will improve with tuning and driving. Good race weather in the desert is on the way!:)

12.7 is a fast time for sure. But with 18 psi in any of the TRs I'd say they're being 'babied' for the most part. Unless you're talking pump gas, in which case you may be pushing it. But if you went through the effort for putting on slicks, I'd guess you were in race trim. If you were running some race gas (and a scantool) I'd say crank her up and let LOOSE the BOOST. That car should be capable of some 11s with 23-24 psi on racegas or alky.

Just curious, but what was your 60' and 1/8th time? I am hoping for 12.7ish at 105ish my next time out...if I can get a good launch. I've been running consistant 8.3s at 84-85 mph at the eighth strip, with cruddy 2.0x short times. Thanks for any info, and GOOD LUCK!