12 lb of boost WT!@#$%!!!!

TonyTtops

The one and only
:mad: HELP!! So I had a TE 60 just put on the car about a month a go, 25 lb of boost and very happy. alky injection too!! Here is the story..... Recently the MAF went got a new one and my mechanic came to my house to fix it (really nice guy!) I decided to have the radiator replaced and various other things done. He was checking for the 160 thermostat and noticed holy @#$%! the compressor wheel was chewed up really bad. OK so I got the part, he came back to the house (best mechanic ever) and replaced the compressor wheel. Next day took the car out for a spin 5 lb, 10lb, 12lb then the turbo shutters, spits, coughs, slaps whatever... not good. what is going on? turbo was rebuilt and super strong. After the compressor wheel was injured and replaced.. still no play in the turbo. What do I do now. One more penny and Im trading the car in for a 2008 v6 6spped accord coupe.:mad:

when you rebuild a turbo(replace the blades),it has to be balanced.

There are a ton of great mechanics out there that I wouldn't let touch my car..... Find somebody that works on TRs.

You're in Fla., right. Lotsa Buford guys around there.

Dont get aggravated with these cars...its part of the game. As far as the money goes well it aint no small block chevy. Whats the ole saying...you play you gotta pay.

Enjoy the car and expect to have issues from time to time...thats what these boards are for...to help each other out.:smile:

12lbs. of boost

don't feel alone i'll been down for about a year but this round i'm going all out trans. and everything will be top notch, I was told not to even bother with rebuilding turbos so i bought a new pt61 from precision:mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess GaryK1970 was way off. But we will let it slide, since he is "Captain Electrical."

I think your "BUFORD" mechanic deserves a high five!! Good Job!!

Dont get aggravated with these cars...its part of the game. As far as the money goes well it aint no small block chevy. Whats the ole saying...you play you gotta pay.

Enjoy the car and expect to have issues from time to time...thats what these boards are for...to help each other out.:smile:

and their 1/2 as much that it costs to mod a C5 or C6 :eek:

25+ lbs boost. + 10 white knuckles + 1 size 13 lead foot = 1 fast ass BUICK.
My mechanic knows his stuff cause I sure dont

So did he fix it, what happened??
Sounds like it was running off the wastegate actuator and not getting any help from the boost solenoid ( vacuum Y hose ).

Turbo's are worth rebuilding, I have a Ta49 with probably 13k on it and just checked a couple days ago and it's still super tight.