120 injector help

larry33kc

icon1.gif
Need help with Trick Flow 120lbs injectors

I have some Trick Flow 120's in my car with BigStuff3 and need the correct offset pulse width numbers so I can try to get my tune lined out.
Thanks Larry

With the adaptor harnesses, I have found the injector offset tables to be a little inaccurate. The voltage the injector sees isn't always the voltage the ecu is reporting. I usually set the offset to 1.0ms @ 12v (less@higher voltage & more@lower voltage) and start adjusting the table until the A/F is close with normal numbers in your VE table.

I'm glad you chimed in Cal. What adapter harness are you revering too? It has a. Casper injector harness now. Would I be better off going to his Hi output harness he has?

I was talking about a precision adaptor harness for the Big Stuff. Just like the XFI, the voltage the computer is receiving isn't always what the injectors are getting.

Oh ok. How does a volt booster effect the numbers?

It shouldn't effect it at all. At idle, the voltage doesn't change. At WOT, the voltage is accounted for in the pulse width calculation. More voltage as seen by the computer = less opening time based on what you entered in you graph.

It shouldn't effect it at all. At idle, the voltage doesn't change. At WOT, the voltage is accounted for in the pulse width calculation. More voltage as seen by the computer = less opening time based on what you entered in you graph.

That's just it Joey. I'm trying to figure out what numbers I should put in for these injectors.
I had the tune pretty good when I had the Deka 83's in it. I put these in it and it's all over the place. Now that's it's cold it's fouling plugs. It didn't run too bad when it was hot outside, now it's a mess and fouling plugs.

That's just it Joey. I'm trying to figure out what numbers I should put in for these injectors.
I had the tune pretty good when I had the Deka 83's in it. I put these in it and it's all over the place. Now that's it's cold it's fouling plugs. It didn't run too bad when it was hot outside, now it's a mess and fouling plugs.

See if you can try what Cal recommended. He gave similar advice to someone in another thread. Start with 1ms at 12v. Or are you looking for the exact graph for Trick-flow 120's? Does Big Stuff provide you with files? I tried looking in XFI's file and only found Holley 120lb injectors. I doubt Trick-Flow makes their own injectors. If it's the same injector here is the off-sets.

8v=1.32 ms
8.7v=1.19 ms
10.4v=0.97 ms
11.2v=0.88 ms
12.0v=0.82 ms
13.6v=0.72 ms
14.4v=0.66 ms
16v=0.56 ms

I even called Trick Flow and they said they don't have any of that info.
I just want it to run.

Cal, when are you coming back to Kansas City? Need to save some pennies and have you Tune this thing. Lol

Hmmmm........... Sounds familiar! Send the injectors in and get them cleaned. I bet they are full of debris from the E85 cleaning out those AN lines. Seriously.

It works the same way. It just has a non scalable voltage

So, if using my 120lb injector example from my earlier post, would entering in the 12.0v=0.82 ms get you real close? Then I guess you can adjust as needed.

Hmmmm........... Sounds familiar! Send the injectors in and get them cleaned. I bet they are full of debris from the E85 cleaning out those AN lines. Seriously.
Don't have to. My system is clean. Injectors have less than 100 miles on them since I got them from Chuck.
Everything from a new tank to the complete A1000 fuel system was new and installed at the same time, and still is low mile. Both filters are clean.
This is how I got this car. Previous owner couldn't tune it. I got and was able to get it close but still had some cold start issues with the Deka 83's.
But I was able to get all the numbers for those injectors on the internet. Where with these I can't find anything, even from the manufacture.

Joey, I will try those numbers and let you know. I have a guy from the bullet that said if I send one injector in he can find out what the numbers are. I just can't believe that nobody has numbers for these or any 120's I can use.

Don't have to. My system is clean. Injectors have less than 100 miles on them since I got them from Chuck.
Everything from a new tank to the complete A1000 fuel system was new and installed at the same time, and still is low mile. Both filters are clean.
This is how I got this car. Previous owner couldn't tune it. I got and was able to get it close but still had some cold start issues with the Deka 83's.
But I was able to get all the numbers for those injectors on the internet. Where with these I can't find anything, even from the manufacture.

Joey, I will try those numbers and let you know. I have a guy from the bullet that said if I send one injector in he can find out what the numbers are. I just can't believe that nobody has numbers for these or any 120's I can use.

I really hope you get it worked out. I know your fustration. If it's pig-rich at idle, shorten the pulse width from there. I just hope it's not something your overlooking or something we haven't thought of yet. At the very least you will eliminate another possibility. Let us know.

I really hope you get it worked out. I know your fustration. If it's pig-rich at idle, shorten the pulse width from there. I just hope it's not something your overlooking or something we haven't thought of yet. At the very least you will eliminate another possibility. Let us know.
Boy me too.
I thought that I might have found an issue when I found the hose to my MAF sensor had a slit in it almost like someone tried to cut it. The way it was cut it only leaked when jiggled or moved.
When I fixed it I replaced all vacuum lines and thought bam it's fixed. But it seemed to lean the heck out of it. Now it's really rich.
It does have me confused. I keep thinking that it acts as it has vacuum leak somewhere but I can't find one.