16"x10" GNX style wheels...

"Blazer406", first, it doesn't really matters if you use "fronts" or "rears" since only the center pieces are saved and will be mounted into new outer rims with the rear spacing you need. I used some "fronts" because they were all I had, but since "rears" are less in demand, maybe it would be a good idea to use them for that modification...The price I paid included the center pieces sandblasted and black powdercoated. As for the 4.25 rear spacing on the 10" wide wheels, I have no rubbing issues on the frame or the fender lip using the 275-55-16 tires. I did put on a 1.25" spacer just for fun, to see how it would look with the wheel close to the fender lip (which is rolled). I have not driven it yet with that setup, but frankly, I do expect it to rub slightly but all I'll have to do is to remove the spacer or put some air in the airbags, that's all. As for the front wheels, for a nice appearance ask Jim to make them appear as "flat" as possible, meaning for a more narrowed look.
Hope this helps...

Claude :smile:

P.S: I can e-mail you a few pictures if you'd like...Just let me know along with your e-mail address...

"Blazer406", first, it doesn't really matters if you use "fronts" or "rears" since only the center pieces are saved and will be mounted into new outer rims with the rear spacing you need.
P.S: I can e-mail you a few pictures if you'd like...Just let me know along with your e-mail address...

I was going to do the rears up front with the 3" cut and taken out of the inside.... so instead of a 5-1/4" BS like they come with.... since all 3" was removed from the inside... it would end up with 2-1/4" BS. This is almost centered on the wheel studs... which is the best for the wheel bearings IMHO... since I wasn't going to have to remove the centers from the existing rim and replacing the rim shell... I think it will save me a little money but still get the desired effect you are talking about.... as you mention in your thread titled "16"x5" GNX style front wheels...(pictures and a question...)".

As for using some more rears to have widened...... I agree... but I only have two fronts and two rears...looks like the rears go to the front and have them narrowed to 16x5.... and the fronts get sacrificed to have the centers removed... and put on a new rimshell to make my 16 x 10's..

Again... thanks for taking the time to give me some good feedback...

Oh... pics to bdykes@beabulldog.com

My mouth is watering...

I talked to Jim today..... very nice and knowledgeable guy.... I was a little sticker shocked. I am re-thinking my desire. I would really love this setup.... but the cost would exceed $2000 to have the wheels redone... and buy 2 drag radials... and 2 street tires. I just don't know if I am ready to drop that much change yet..... and this didn't include the cost of the cores.... Jim said... and I know he is correct... that aluminum has gone up over 30% since the first of this year!..... this is making prices go way up.... I was semi-prepared to spend like $1000 for all the mods... + tires... but I am rethinking the whole thing now that I (should have never done this)... put pen to paper.

Sorry if I am getting OT.... I hope others do this.. as it is sweet IMHO... I just can't afford to do that yet.... That $2000 will make a huge dent in a fairly nice paint job.....

"LEFT OVER RICE", just give me your e-mail and it'll be my pleasure to send you a few pics!...
thanks,

Claude :)

16x9.5 rikens

I had my riken wheels redone. I used 16x8 rikens fronts and riken 16x9.5 for the rear, got them powder coated black with a repolish on the aluminum lip. I run a 225/50/16 tire in front, and 295 bfg tire in the rear with no rubbing. I posted some pictures of the rikens before, but never with the tires and wheels mounted on the car. Looks sick with the huge lips; the front have a 3.75" lip, and the rears have a 4.75" lip. Black mesh rikens redone with this much lip and perfect backspacing is price less, well worth the cost IMHO! I run a spacer in the back for my 295/50/16 tires but its a small 5/16ths spacer, without a spacer a 255 tire fits just fine with no rubbing.

I am so happy to see some more custom 16" wheels. The GTAs are a nice choice for wheels as well, very nice. Wish more people would give it a try with some rare rikens, but goodluck finding the 16x9.5's those were hard to find. I had my 16x8 set of rikens laying around for about 2 years while i searched for some 16x9.5's, finally found them, and went ahead and made my dream set of wheels.

Those 16x5's are sweet! When I get some more money I have a pair of riken 16x7's I will sacrafice for either a pair of 16x5's or 16x4's. Very clean set up you have, you should be proud!! I will post up when I take some pictures.

DS

I really should have made my own post, i didn't mean to write so much. I apologize toofastforyou. Hey making your own set of wheels an't cheap but dam you are happy when your done! And I love the GNX look, 16" rims extra wide are the equivalence of dubs for todays crowd. Unique looks like custom 16" wheels can really hit the spot!

Sick 16x5's! Thats exactly what I want to do with a spare set of rikens, exquisite choice my friend! Very cool man, way to give new life to those GTA's!! Great minds think alike heh. Awsome job, with those wheels you really stand out from the next guy ya know?

DS

I really should have made my own post, i didn't mean to write so much. I apologize toofastforyou.

"XxDarksidexX", it's perfectly ok!...No need to apologize!!:wink: :wink:

P.S: I even replied to your post about refurbishing your Riken wheels...They look just great! :wink:

Thanks guys for your nice comments! :D ...As promised here are some pictures of my GN with the 10" wide rear wheels installed with 275-55-16 M&H tires. The front wheels (16"x5") have already been shipped to "Trudesign" to have them redone with more rear spacing than what you see now for two reasons: First, was to move the tire more inside of the car so it wouldn't rub against the plastic fender liner, and second, I find that something just doesn't look right by having a narrow wheel with a wide outer lip...I think they should look "flater", not "deep"...:frown:

Claude :wink:

Big fan of your wheels, looking to do the same mod in my el-co
ones again nice clean ride you got

Thanks for the nice comment!...however, I don't have these wheels anymore...I traded them (the GTA's) with another member for a set of 20"s...:eek:

Claude. :)