18" Simmons

I have the templates. I'll try and send them to Simmons to confirm fitment. I heard they were out of business, but they seem to be up and running.

So I called Simmons in Australia and spoke to Sam. Tempe Tyre took over Simmons back in 2010.
They claim to sell the same wheels, etc. Does anyone know anything about them? I want some Simmon's wheels, but want to make sure no one on this forum heard anything strange about them since they were bought out.

I haven't heard anything about them since the change over...but I have Simmons wheels and they are awesome. They clear my Z06 brakes with ease...I don't know the backspacing specs...mine are 17's.

Contact BlackMamba on this board. I believe that is what he is running on his car with 18" Simmons rims.

Looks like BlackMamba has not been on the board since 2006?
Also considering the the SSR SP1 wheels. They look great with black centers(so do the Simmons). Kind of a toss up...
But, everyone likes something a little different

Last edited:
I have 17" Simmons with Baer 6P calipers w/13" rotors and they fit no problem. Tempe tyres bought all the original equipment and naming rights from the original owner of Simmons.
baer2.jpg
Baer.jpg

Looks like BlackMamba has not been on the board since 2006?
Also considering the the SSR SP1 wheels. They look great with black centers(so do the Simmons). Kind of a toss up...
But, everyone like something a little different

That's not true, I think you're looking at when he joined. I asked him questions last year when I put my Simmons wheels on and he was still very active on this board. Do a search and PM him.

I must have misread when BlackmMamba was last on. My bad. I'll PM him tonight.

Oconnor: Looking good!
Those brakes look good peeking out from behind the wheels. Great choice!