1911 opinion/options

I just bought the next one up, a Rob Letham Legend series TGO-1, only 172 manufactured since it's introduction. There's pics over on *www.1911forum.com* under the Legend series thread. MSRP of the Pro's is about $3.2K, list for the Legend series is about $3.3K last time that I checked. The Legend series is also a SA custom shop gun & so identified. Sits right next to my Wilson Combat Classic Super Grade. My Rob Letham was $ 3995 before tax. The WC Classic SG was about $4695 or $4795 before taxes. Also I've a new Ed Brown Executive Target too. Also a James Hoag Gun Works custom 6" long slide, a Les Baer Premier II, & a Springfield Armory Trophy Match from early '90's, the Hoag from late '70's. I love each and every one & load my own match / target ammo for them. I shoot a different one about every 3 weeks or so.
Now I am "Oh so broke" I have to take a co-signer with me to pay cash.
Happy shooting.

All i can say is wow that is a very impressive collection. Looks like i need a better job or save more pennies.

Rob Leatham Legend Series, TGO-1, is a much more attractive gun.
Did you check out the Legend Series section over there?

I can get the pro model for like 2300 with my discount. Anything more than that is too much for my budget

Prob not but it would be worth a shot. At least something if got it by the end of the year. Who knows online ive seen a few maybe ill have one shipped up.

I own a Kimber Eclipse Ultra-II, with no issues to date. I did have the barrel crowned recently, and posted pics here on the board. I've also shot a few Kimbers owned by a friend here on the board, everything from 3" to 5" barrel models, all w/o issue. The Kimber Super Carry HD is in my near future... A Wilson Combat &/or Nighthawk maybe some day!

K.

Nighthawk makes an amazing gun just really expensive. Unfortunately im just not a fan of kimber. I will get my gun one day lol waiting list

I never owned a Nighthawk, but have always wanted one. But most of their good smiths have gone back to WC or gone elsewhere. They were golden back in their day, but IMHO I think that their quality level has slipped somewhat. I'm pretty stoked with what currently own, and can't afford even 1 more. Of course that's what I have said for at least the last 3. For those that are interested in '45's and the quality of their manufactures, there is an excellent article over on Glocktalk in the non-Glock section.

Here's one very interesting & informative thread, but not the one that I mentioned above.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1269683

Well. It's true that you get what you pay for. Maybe I'll wait a little longer and go for something a little more high end. I do like the Ed Brown Kobra and pretty much most of the Nighthawk guns.

I have an ed brown barrell and bushing innone of my 1911's very nice it shoots well. Here my dream 1911.

Attachments

• Springfield_1911.jpeg
    Springfield_1911.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 101
No they only make one. When they get ordered they do not specify to the builder if it goes to fbi or civilian. To keep quality up. But i am a police officer.

No they only make one. When they get ordered they do not specify to the builder if it goes to fbi or civilian. To keep quality up. But i am a police officer.
Naturally, they don't. there is no need to. The civilian model and the FBI model are the same excluding the serial # prefix. That gun is a non-FBI gun, FWIW.
I wanted one really bad about a year ago, but the prices of "previously owned" even though non-fired or used, went up considerably. I am 68 and not about to put on hold / order a gun that is on a 18 month list.
That gun has gone through at least a couple of changes since it's inception.
Not to be interpreted that it is less of a gun than it was before the changes.
I am sure that they had to obtain at least the FBI's authority to make such changes, or they re-qualified to the original specifications.
This is all covered in the 100+ page thread on the 1911Forum.