1965 Skylark Hybrid

Rdirks

Just a few shots...

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

NICE!!! We have a 65 the same color with a V6 also. I'm hoping to someday do the Hybrid swap! Good choice of car man!

It is one of the most simple swaps to do. I have had my 64 since 1998 and it is a blast to drive.

Reminds me of an article I saw where a guy had one of these in I believe a '65 Skylark...then found a GN for $6k with I believe a stage II that spun a bearing...ended up putting the LC2 out of the Skylark into the GN and selling it for $11k then used the cash to fix the stage II to put into his Skylark....I can't remember what magazine I saw that in.

Anyways nice car. :cool:

Reminds me of an article I saw where a guy had one of these in I believe a '65 Skylark...then found a GN for $6k with I believe a stage II that spun a bearing...ended up putting the LC2 out of the Skylark into the GN and selling it for $11k then used the cash to fix the stage II to put into his Skylark....I can't remember what magazine I saw that in.

Anyways nice car. :cool:

Thanks Guys.

The '65 you remember was in Car Craft Nov '02 and PHR Dec '06. I know this because both articles are pinned up in my garage and served as a big inspiration for my car.
Now ....can anyone tell me where I can get a Stage 2 GN with a spun bearing for 6k:biggrin: