1974 Corvette L-82 Roadster, #'s matching, TX car, blue/black, nice...

Dave C

Life is Short ~ Enjoy Your Ride!
A new project has me wanting to sell my #'s matching '74 L82 Corvette Convertible. The car spent from 1974 to 1998 in Texas with the original owner, then on to owner number two (the last owner) where it sat in a garage undercover in between week-end drives. Repainted in 1998 in its original color of Corvette Medium Blue, she presents herself very well. SHE HAS NOT SEEN RAIN SINCE 1985! Not many nice, #'s matching C3 L82 roadsters left out there. The original black leather interior is in very nice shape being that car has always been garaged and pampered. The Turbo400 transmission shifts crisp, and the AC is complete and WORKS GREAT! This is a rare NO RADIO car (aftermaket radio shown to play cassettes only, note no antenna). It has a new black soft-top. All lights and all electrical devices and gauges are 100% operable (except the clock). Brakes have had the stainless steel sleeve upgrades and work perfectly. There are ZERO leaks in this car, doors shut well and the manual windows operate with ease. Weather stripping is in good shape, jack and spare are complete, the 255/60-15 Goodyear GT radial tires are almost new. The wheels and stainless are in great shape. The odometer is showing 95k miles with 10k on a rebuild of the original L-82 (250hp) 350 engine (Built to factory specs, not decked, original #'s still visible). The L82 was the highest priced engine option that year, rated at only 20hp less than the 454 big block offered that year. This engine was the successor to the famed LT-1 small block which ended its run in '72. This engine provides great performance and doesn't have the cooling problems often found on the big-block cars. She runs great and hooks up hard, care MUST be taken to keep her straight when she hits 2nd gear (trust me!). This Corvette is a very straight, no-hit car, a very nice running and driving Corvette with the right adult owner history. She has four 1st place finishes at area Super Chevy shows, asking $22,500 obo

corvette092008011ai2.jpg

motor1kp3.jpg

interiorcm4.jpg

Dave
Wakefield, MA
email: davecastine@gmail.com

Man that is a really great looking piece. Always wanted a '74 that's the year I was born. Good luck with the sell!!

Thanks - I'm in no rush to sell it, but it would be nice to have the room. I just put it up on jack stands today. I'm going to detail the hell out of the undercarriage during the winter... it'll be real nice when I'm done with it. No rust anywhere, just some road grime - should be a pretty easy job.

Man this POR-15 is expensive! WOW!

Merry Christmas guys!

Dave
Wakefield, MA

Bump for a nice ride...

My dad has a 75 L82 with 11K miles,yes 11,000,he has owned the car since 76,its the Same Nasau Blue but his has the Silver leather with 2 tops the convert top is black..I always try to get him to get rid of it ,sicne it just sits in his garage....:wink:

Thanks Guys - She's up on jack stands now, I've powerwashed the undercarriage and getting ready to metal-prep for the POR-15, she should come out pretty nice - she has NO rust, not even a flake of scale... nice to work on a clean car for a change! :wink:

Happy New Year to everyone!

Party & Drive home safely!

Regards,
Dave
Wakefield, MA

All ready to go - drove it 125 miles last week end, starting to take it to the local cruise nights - asking $23,500 obo, 66-72 Musclecar or C5 trades considered...

Dave
Wakefield, MA