1975 monza 2+2 with a dekon road racing kit

turbonewb

Pictures by bigbillsbucket - Photobucket
Up for sale is a 1975 Chevy Monza2+2 with 42000. original miles. Car has one repaint from yellow to red. Paint is faded and will not shine , so this one needs to be repainted. But unlike other monza's out there it has very little and i mean very little rust, some rock chips and the carpet is dry rotted(actually) crumbling. This car sat in a museum that a Illinois congressman owned for 14 years.The owners manual is supposedly signed by Johnny Carson, although i have no way to verify that it is indeed his signature.There are other signatures on it as well , but your guess is as good as mine as to who these signatures are from.This monza has a 262cu.in. V8. The plastic around the door handles and one rip in the drivers seat and a few threads of stitching are the only interior defects that i found. The paint in the pictures looks shiny, how that is i don't know. The car is flat looking and i tried to polish it with 3m glaze and wax , needless to say it is still flat. I am asking 5000. firm . I just figured I would offer it here first then off to ebay she goes.

Sharp car... I'd like it alot better without the body kit... reminds me of my 1st car... V8 Vega with an $hitkicking solid cam 350 and a Muncie M-21 4-speed.... and my buddy had a 2+2 V8 4-speed Monza just like that, minus the body kit.... I used to eat his a$$ up..:D We probably raced 100 times...;) I will guess you get your asking price, easy... nice car...:cool:

What a..

great place to set an LSX and a turbo!! SCARY FAST!:eek::eek:

GL w/ the sale.

monza

sweet car I remember the monza spank all the mustangs in imsa races 1975 to 1980 ,youtube has a few vids of the old DEKON monza still racing historic races today,What a monster,Turbo driven 350 over 660 hp in75. !880lbs
Ill be in touch ,
I am also trying to restore an old monza spyder need a buick v6 power plant.They came with a 3.1 or 3.8 I had hoped to find a GN for its plant with turbo harness comp etc .No luck in Ak for that yet.
Thanks so much for the post, GOTA HAVE IT! Ill call by this friday