1984 GN Interior Help

6whistler

Few questions for ya gentlemen.

1. What is the paint code/name for the upper dash panel on an 84? (Grey or charcoal??)
2. What is the paint code/name for the door panels and trim on an 84? (Cream/off white color).

It looks like any SEM product I've found is going to have to be made to match. Sound correct?

I have to do a headliner as it is sagged....suggestions on whether to match with the darker charcoal color or lighter cream color.

Also, and of course headliner and carpet I plan to match, I am looking for carpet suggestions for the 84 as well.

I do not plan to use any black as there was none in the 84. At this point I plan on freshening up the trim panels with the (cream) color. The dash panel will go gray. And I'm probably looking to go charcoal headliner and carpet. But again, suggestions will be taken seriously.

Thanks much, Tom

Do a search on 84 colors in the hot air section
All the color codes are there
Here are some of the numbers I have

WA 7690 Lt. Sand Gray (Code 60)
C84471 Med Dr. Grey (Code 82)
C8327L or 6 can't read it Dark Grey (Code 42)

not to highjack this thread but is there anyone who makes new interior for the 84 T-Type (wh1) cars with the Cream/off white color? i know jax's makes interior but i dont see it listed for our cars. i want to redo my interior and need everything.

take the headliner out and take it to an upolestry shop it cost me 50.00 for this.

go to auto custom carpets and give them this number (7087 doeskin) this will match, i went through a year trying to get the right color.

mikes montes has the seat covers if you need them

The phantom white definitely looks like the color to go with for the trim.
Andy, did you go with a similar color headliner as the carpet?
I was already looking at going with acc, I'm glad you re-assured the idea. (Cutpile, form fitted, pad backed).
That was one of my bigger debates, whether to match the carpet with the dark or light color in the seats. The doeskin I'm sure matches the Lier cloth fairly well. Was this the color that the carpet and headliner was originally? I can't tell from mine cuz previous owner did a botch carpet job. As always, Thanks!!!

Just bought a few cans of SEM phantom white (15003), and SEM Graphite (15053). I ordered from restockit.com (I did not see the 17113 graphite). And not to sound unprofessional, but these cars had like 5 colors in the interior anyway, I'm not going to lose sleep over a not exact upper dash panel. Anyway, I cHecked out at $36 with shipping. Not bad considering I was quoted $25 to do an exact match aerosol at the part store local to me today. Pictures to come of this, and where to cut out to replace window motors.

yah i keped the phantom white color for the headliner and carpet and same for the door panels

I found that the Phantom white didn't have enough gray in it. I'll check the color that I decided to go with. I also went with the SEM paints. I'll try to include some pictures. Here are some pics...

Pic 1...console painted Phanton white and then a low satin clear. Notice the NEW stock shifter handle.

Pic 2....dash painted sandstone with no clear. Contrast between console, dash, shifter

Pic 3....top of dash

Pic 4....contrast with all colors with label and shifter

Pic 5.... contrast without label and shifter

Attachments

• Buick interior 003.jpg
    Buick interior 003.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Buick interior 004.jpg
    Buick interior 004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Buick interior 005.jpg
    Buick interior 005.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Buick interior 011.jpg
    Buick interior 011.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 350
  • Buick interior 010.jpg
    Buick interior 010.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 347
In my opinion I would go with the Lt Neutral SEM# 15863 with a low gloss satin clear for the trim. I am going to try to stay with two or three overall colors with my interior. I've had or had this light colored interior out of a 83 T-type and 85 T-type. Remember to prep well. Hope this helps out someone!

Attachments

• Buick interior 006.jpg
    Buick interior 006.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 315
Wow I didn't even realize until after I posted my pictures that I had more responses. Wow those pictures are worth a ton!! I ordered phantom white based on faith of the other gentleman's suggestion. I haven't got it yet, so we'll see what happens. I am keeping my dash the graphite (deep gray) color, so basically I'm just doing the door panels, door trim, rear panels, etc and whatever else I knew to be originally light. I put those sample pieces up to get suggestions on headliner colors. I'm thinking a light headliner (the one all the way on the right.....and going with the color 2 from the right for the carpet...???
Turboclam, and others, thanks again for helping above and beyond. Tom

Oh yeah, steering wheel resto based on another great tip from the board. My steering wheel was STRUGGLING< and this tip, along with some patience and about 4 lil bottles of super glue seem to almost have it back to perfect.

i need to redo mine hopfully this winter after the headgaskets and repaint.

84 interior colors

Guys there is some mis-information in this thread.
ACC sells you does skin then it is for the tan color of an 85-7 T-type or T. Not correct.
Up to last year if you called them & asked for an 84 GN carpet they sent you Black. We sent them a low mileage original 84 GN to test their molds & get the correct color.

I can't speak for SEM as far as a match. We spent alot of time with NOS parts getting the correct colors done.
Here is a link. Not saying SEM doesn't match I just know ours is 99.9%. A.J has been around for a while & can vouch for that.
Here is a link so you can see how close it is.
GBodyParts.com Online
Sand color & slate is in the description.

We also have the interiors for the 84 GN. we had the upper door panels & rear seat inserts built as well. I believe A.J. got 1 of the first sets of upper door panels.

Brent if you need the 1 for your wh-1 e-mail me we can probably get it done.

I can't believe how difficult it is to get accurate information for the 84 GN!! I did go with the SEM Phantom white. It was a little lighter than stock, but I'm ok with it because of the fact that I am painting all of the panels. Otherwise, if you're trying to do a spot match, of course, one would have to be much more precise.

Headliner board

Anyone got any suggestions for hardening/reinforcing the headliner board (made of foam I think) and starts to desintegrate over the years. I was thinking about getting fiberglass and running a coat over the board.

paint

As far as the upper door panels,thier perfect ,If you guys are looking for 84
interior parts call Brian like I said before.just go look at his stuff.I still say
the 84 interior was by far the best year!!so take care of it.My 2 cents:D