1986 GN T-TOP

mikes86ttop

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Well guys it's time to part with my GN, it's an 86 ttop, in pretty good shape, complete strip and paint about three years ago, base/clear coat, front clip, doors and trunk removed and all jambs redone along with the ttop area, absolutely no rot under ttops prior to painting, floors in excellent shape no rust/rot, runs and drives excellent, I've been on quite a few 3-400 mile trips with not one hiccup, as for mods everything has been done within the past 2-3 years (see signature) the only thing holding her back is injectors and a good tuning, has new weather stripping throughout, ttop rubbers need to be fine tuned and glued in, the only things that need attention are the interior and undercarriage, the carpet is faded in areas and there some dry rotted spots on the rear seat top and a spot on the pass seat back, I've got a few pics of the exterior not many of the interior I'll grab some tomorrow or this weekend, I'd really prefer a local sale so the buyer can actually see, drive , and feel the car before buying I don't even mind traveling within reason to meet potential buyers (weather permitting of course). This is a preference of mine as I would never buy anything without actually seeing it. I know with a little tlc and minimal money you could have a very nice GN...I'm located in northwest Rhode Island a stone throw away from Massachusetts and Connecticut...I do have extras that will go with the car along with two sets of ac lines asking $13,500 IMAG0636.jpgIMAG0452.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 705
  • IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 707
  • IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 697
  • IMAG0630.jpg
    IMAG0630.jpg
    934.2 KB · Views: 686
  • IMAG0633.jpg
    IMAG0633.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 657
  • IMAG0637.jpg
    IMAG0637.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 652
  • IMAG0637.jpg
    IMAG0637.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 648
  • IMAG0630.jpg
    IMAG0630.jpg
    934.2 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:
That's a good looking car.
Biggest battle is over with the nice paint job and looks pretty decent under the hood.
GLWS

That's a good looking car.
Biggest battle is over with the nice paint job and looks pretty decent under the hood.
GLWS
Thanks, theres a couple guys here that have seen it in person, Duarte (EVIL) has seen and driven in it so maybe hell chime in, like I said it needs very little to be 100% for the right person...thanks Mike

Thanks, theres a couple guys here that have seen it in person, Duarte (EVIL) has seen and driven in it so maybe hell chime in, like I said it needs very little to be 100% for the right person...thanks Mike

I think we should all get a crack at it and drive it - beat it like it owes us money
Then have a survey.
Whaddtya say? :D

Sounds fun come on down with a pocket full of cash and have at it LOL...

The actual mileage is unknown, the original owner installed an avc cluster, I found a note pad in the car with maintenance records and some mileage notes so in the mid 90s it had about 60k on it the orig. Owner sold it to the second owner and he had it about a year and blew it up. Then I picked it up and in 2010 and made it like it is today, the motor was a barn find close to me with 30k on it (complete with a rebuilt turbo by Garrett, removed from a rear ended T in the early 90s. I carfaxed it when I got it and everything checks out good...Mike

I still say I like the fact that for the money - the big money is done.
The paint.
Mods this and mods that - that's minor leagues compared to having to tear a car down for a repaint.
Not to mention the down time.
To me- all things considered - I take that first, then drive train, then interior.
Those last 2 are easy - comparatively speaking.
And probably way less money - since you can do those on the parts forum.
Paint - no no. No buying a high quality paint job on the parts forum.

Hmmm, normally by going to web view I can see everyone's signature, but that's not doing it. Tho I haven't Tried since the latest mobile update, I wonder what I'm not doing correctly, or am I missing something.
And also listing any and all mods in the description will help with the sale

Hmmm, normally by going to web view I can see everyone's signature, but that's not doing it. Tho I haven't Tried since the latest mobile update, I wonder what I'm not doing correctly, or am I missing something.
And also listing any and all mods in the description will help with the sale

Here:

86 GN T-TOP,
30k original mi. drivetrain,
tt 5.6,
scanmaster update,
powerlogger,
audible knock detector,
3" maf and translator w/k&n,
walbro 255 hotwired,
afpr,
stock turbo,
dutt neck,
3" kirban dp w/test pipe&dump,
Pypes 2 1/2" catback w/racepros,
rjc power plate,
volt booster,
tr custom parts alum rad,
gnx style dash,
16" gta's..........
.first and only 1/4 run so far: 13.3@100mph on stock injectors and Goodyear rsa's!!!!

Here:

86 GN T-TOP,
30k original mi. drivetrain,
tt 5.6,
scanmaster update,
powerlogger,
audible knock detector,
3" maf and translator w/k&n,
walbro 255 hotwired,
afpr,
stock turbo,
dutt neck,
3" kirban dp w/test pipe&dump,
Pypes 2 1/2" catback w/racepros,
rjc power plate,
volt booster,
tr custom parts alum rad,
gnx style dash,
16" gta's..........
.first and only 1/4 run so far: 13.3@100mph on stock injectors and Goodyear rsa's!!!!
Thanks Heisenberg, I'll have some interior pics up shortly just have to get over to the garage...Mike

Wow. That sucks that you are selling. I know it’s your pride and joy.

I’ve seen this car in person and it is very clean. Mike did a nice job with it.

We went for a ride and was very tight and pulls hard. even by the police station. :happy:

Someone will be very happy this this car.

GLWS

D

Thanks EVIL, yea it's sucks to have to sell, but I've got a couple of small bills tha just won't go away, and my 4runner is in rough shape... Just seems to be the more logical way to better myself, but if my plans work out I'll have a few extra bucks for another project...Mike

Trying to get to a buddies place with a lift for some under car pics, trying to get his driveway cleared at the moment...Mike

Damn brother, sorry to see your selling it. Bump for a good dude!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app