1986 T-Type Stage II for sale

Mac in SD

Guys,

I'm pullin' the trigger.

My Gunmetal Gray '86 T-Type is for sale.

Good paint, redone upholstery and carpet, excellent driver. Weld Pro-Star wheels and BFG Street tires. Good-lookin' car. Not a show car, but good-lookin'.

Engine: 274 on-center Stage 2 with Stage 2 heads. Usual internals: BMS 3.590 crank (.010 under on the rods), Carillo rods 6.5 inch. Diamond pistons 9:1. Hydraulic roller cam - 222/218. Very smooth running. Converted BM 4V intake with stock-appearing upper plenum, 70 mm throttle body. 96 pph injectors, run on a stock (converted to high-z) computer with an Extender Extreme chip, MAF Translator and Timing Translator. Turbonetics T-76 BB turbo. Old Kenne Bell FMIC. ATR Stage 2 headers, 3-inch downpipe, and wastegate. Duttweiler oil pump and custom pan.

Stock 200 4R, with a DRW HD rebuild. Art Carr 16930 (9-inch) NLU converter about 3400 Stall. Aluminum 3-inch drive shaft. Spohn rear sway bar. Tubular front control arms (upper). New body mounts last year. 3-inch dual exhaust with Ultra-flows.

A/C was removed, but could easily be reinstalled. Could use re-chromed bumpers.

I'll drive it anywhere. You guys saw it at the Huntington Beach get together a few months ago. I'll take some pix if there's any interest.

This is a great-running car. Don't believe that S2 heads are dogs on the street: this thing will roast the tires at any speed you floor it. Only had it to the track once in current configuration: on pump gas with 12 pounds of boost and worn out M&H Racemasters, it went 11.20 at 122. Again-that's 12 pounds - not even in the envelope for a T-76.

Price is best offer over $15K. I should be asking a few thousand more, but... Just lost interest, and it's been sitting too much. All stock parts, including original engine, A/C, are included. I also have some interesting additional S2 parts that are negotiable, including an 80's Indycar intake that would be pretty cool to run on the street. (Some work required, but very doable.)

PM me with contact info if interested.

Some pictures. Not the greatest, I know. DSC00201.jpgDSC00196.jpgDSC00197.jpgDSC00198.jpgDSC00199.jpg

Mac:
Something tells me that you are going to regret selling this car. Good luck with sale. Wish that I could buy it.

Mac, I will see if I can find some of the pics of the car from the Huntington Beach get together and post them if you want me to. I know I took a lot of them! Killer car... tried to convince the wife I could skip some steps and buy your car and sell my Stage II stuff. She caught on to the fact I wasn't selling my GN, just adding yours to the stable... No such luck... :(

Sale is pending.

Man, I never made the time to come see this at your place! I always wanted to hear it run or take a ride in it! Mine is taking forever to collect parts for, and I am curious what to expect... Maybe Neal will get bit by his bug to put one of his stage motors in his new car... ;)

Congrats on the sale, that was a heck of a price on a real nice car!

Man, I never made the time to come see this at your place! I always wanted to hear it run or take a ride in it! Mine is taking forever to collect parts for, and I am curious what to expect... Maybe Neal will get bit by his bug to put one of his stage motors in his new car... ;)

Congrats on the sale, that was a heck of a price on a real nice car!

Thanks, dude. I'm losing sleep over the decision. Good thing benadryl knocks me out.

What a sad day.

I wish you would take my Barbados Blue 2004 GTO and cash in trade.... Atleast this way, the car would stay in CA.:wink:

Hope the new owner is happy, that is a VERY VERY nice and well thought out car.

Ray