1987 GN Values just went up in Kelly Blue Book

BuickMike

Money pit
Woo hoo!!!! Go to KBB.com and plug in your car. My high mileage beater is supposedly worth almost 13K private party value. Hell, I'll take $10K for it. ;) Hopefully this will help our cars actually sell for more in the net couple years.

If gas stays above $2.50 a gallon, the value of our cars is guaranteed to go up.

Big Block muscle cars are great, but 11 mpg sucks.

Mileage must not count for much in the NorthEast.
The value for my selection only changed by $100 when I changed it from 10000 to 97000 miles (which was listed as the average)

I looked at it kbb values back in May when i bought mine, and excellent condition was 12 K. Now it's valued at 15.7K. I like! :D

I don't like looking at those...mine's a T-Type and their resale value is much less than a GN...makes me feel bad :tongue: If I add the GN package as one of my options, the value of my car goes up somewhere in the area of 6 grand :eek:

Suggested Retail price on my TTA is $21,230 which in my opinion is about what it's worth. It says it can't give a private party value because there's too small of a market. From what I remember I thought tha KBB last year around this time was saying like $23,000 for it but I don't remember for sure. Would be kind of weird if their prices went down since TTA prices have been slowly working upwards.

According to Nada the high retail value is $18,725 which seems a little low, but it wouldn't let me put in my mileage.

ghall said:
KBB and reality are two different things :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Geoff

That's the truth. However I feel that KBB jacking up our values will help us out over time. Give it a couple years and most people will be selling their GN's at prices closer to those values. Of course, this probably only applies to those with stock unmolested GN's/ :D

72firebird said:
Suggested Retail price on my TTA is $21,230 which in my opinion is about what it's worth. It says it can't give a private party value because there's too small of a market. From what I remember I thought tha KBB last year around this time was saying like $23,000 for it but I don't remember for sure. Would be kind of weird if their prices went down since TTA prices have been slowly working upwards.

According to Nada the high retail value is $18,725 which seems a little low, but it wouldn't let me put in my mileage.

Yeah right.....I saw your car and it's a beater! I'll give you $20 for it. :D :D :D
J/K, your TTA has to be the cleanest one I've ever seen.....well, yours and Heath Elmer's. You've done an awesome job with it.

$12,510 or $4,645? KBB is Clueless...

'87 Turbo T, T-Tops, 27K, loaded, like new: Value $4,645
Change "T Package" to "Grand National" and: Value $12,510

I know there's a difference because everyone wants one of the 17,000 black cars, but that much of a KBB price disparity dosen't reflect accurately what the TR's are bringing. To put it another way-- I'll buy every low mileage like new TR out there under $5K. Do you have one you'd like to sell me?

Oh well, just hope some of that good stuff will eventually flow down to us with the few non-black / non-GN TR's out here!

Congrats anyway to the GN owners! :rolleyes:

BuickMike said:
Yeah right.....I saw your car and it's a beater! I'll give you $20 for it. :D :D :D
J/K, your TTA has to be the cleanest one I've ever seen.....well, yours and Heath Elmer's. You've done an awesome job with it.

thanks a bunch, to be compared to Heath's car is an honor haha. Hopefully I'll have the money to get some custom wheels to make mine stand out like his did (maybe even better). As for the $20 offer, I'll take it as a downpayment on the 1:18 scale that is being built mostly off my car and the actual museum car http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=viewprod&catid=3&scaleid=1&prodid=91

I think the problem lies in the fact that GN's and T-Types/turbo T's have the same VIN. KBB isn't smart enough to know that so they think all the sales are GN's. A word to the wise , if you're insuring your T-Type or turbo T and your agent asks if it's a GN the answer is "yes".

Neal

GNXcess said:
'87 Turbo T, T-Tops, 27K, loaded, like new: Value $4,645
Change "T Package" to "Grand National" and: Value $12,510

I know there's a difference because everyone wants one of the 17,000 black cars, but that much of a KBB price disparity dosen't reflect accurately what the TR's are bringing. To put it another way-- I'll buy every low mileage like new TR out there under $5K. Do you have one you'd like to sell me?

Oh well, just hope some of that good stuff will eventually flow down to us with the few non-black / non-GN TR's out here!

Congrats anyway to the GN owners! :rolleyes:

comradburk said:
I don't like looking at those...mine's a T-Type and their resale value is much less than a GN...makes me feel bad :tongue: If I add the GN package as one of my options, the value of my car goes up somewhere in the area of 6 grand :eek:
The value of my Regal T with 125,000 on it and in "good" shape (recent paint job and new everything else) is only worth $3800. If I select the "Grand National" option, the value more than triples to almost $15,000. :eek: Oh well, I don't plan on selling it anyway. :p