1987 Grand National Hardtop

Paul44k

Update 8/3/14 Car is SOLD.

I bought the car in March 2014 from my 88 year old friend. He was the first owner, I am the second.

I must to sell in order to get some work done to my house, and keep my promise to my wife. Car is a hardtop, with a little under 45,000 miles. Original owner lives 10 minutes from me.

THE GOOD : Car is a FL car, all of its life. I bought it from the original owner. No rust, doors are clean, doors and trunk shut properly. Paint has usual checking on top, almost none on the sides. Title is a clear FL title. New bumper fillers from Spoolfool. New 235/60/R16 Grand AM tires (look like Cooper Cobras). New A/C compressor, dryer, orifice. A/C works great!! R134 converted. No extra wires have been run through the car except for a Viper Alarm. No gauges, or scanmaster has ever been hooked up. Has upgraded TA51 Garrett turbo and injectors. Original wheels. Even the VIN plate on the dash and RPO tag is clear as day. Brake system has been upgraded to vacuum brakes. Original radio works, and power antenna is 1 year old. The engine runs great, and the transmission works good as well. I will be changing out some of the radiator hoses in the next few days as I get time. I've never had an issue in the time I've had the car.

THE BAD: Could use a paint job due to original paint being checked. Top of rear seat on one side has sun damage. Driver seat fabric has been repaired but would need to be replaced if you plan on going to car shows. Steering wheel and the parts of the dash near the speakers also have sun damage (typical from FL). Only paintwork I have seen on the car is on the driver side rocker near tailpipe below the line. It was repaired professionally. You have to really look hard to see it. Tail lights have minor age cracks.

THE UGLY: These cars don't have anything ugly about them! The history of the car needs to be understood and explained. Carfax is a JOKE. Carfax is stating each mileage stamp in the report with an extra "zero", because they don't understand that these cars have a 5 digit odometer. Therefore, each mileage stamp has the comma in the wrong spot, and each mileage stamp is not exact. For example, the last emissions report in the year 2000 states 158,000 miles when clearly its supposed to say 15,800 miles. I am in the process of fixing this with them, but they don't exactly have a phone number to call. Everything they do is through email. The Florida DMV told me that I am correct, and that they issued a clear title when I bought the car with the current mileage because they didn't suspect anything wrong. Therefore, the problem lies with Carfax.

This car does need some work as stated, but it is a super straight car with zero rust. If you are looking for a car to tinker with and slowly restore, this is it. I am complemented regularly on the car even though it has not been painted. Car can be driven daily if needed.

I am taking reasonable offers. Looking to get $13,500 or best offer. I can show the car by appointment.
1987 buick GN 036.jpg
1987 buick GN 037.jpg
1987 buick GN 038.jpg
1987 buick GN 042.jpg
1987 buick GN 050.jpg
1987 buick GN 052.jpg
1987 buick GN 054.jpg
1987 buick GN 043.jpg
View attachment 228877
1987 buick GN 028.jpg
1987 buick GN 054.jpg
1987 buick GN 052.jpg
1987 buick GN 050.jpg
1987 buick GN 042.jpg
1987 buick GN 038.jpg
1987 buick GN 027.jpg

Last edited:
Sale is pending. Guys, I honestly have no idea why I didn't gather more interest in the car. I didn't alter these pictures at all, this is what the car looks like as you stand near it.
I WILL own another one in the future, but I cannot keep it at this point in my life. These cars definitely are in a class of their own!

For those of you that are lucky to have one, hats off to ya'll :)