1987 Grand National - heavily modified and fast - $9,800

dlaclair

All,

I'm selling my Grand National. I've owned the car for about 10 years, but I have several other cars and just don't drive this one enough. I'm originally from Arizona, and much of the work on the car was done by Nick Micale (Arizona GN in Phoenix). I had the car shipped up to Virginia where I currently live about 3 years ago but its only been driven about 5 times in the last year, and I've finally decided to sell it. Its taking up space in my driveway and I'm ready to sell so feel free to make an offer. Here are the details below:

The good: There has been a TON of work done to this car, when tuned properly this should easily be a high 10, low 11 second car. From memory, just a few things that the car has: New rebuilt engine with forged internals (probably less than 5K miles on it), 70mm throttle body, 55# injectors, walbro fuel pump, adjustable wastegate, GN1 heads, 3" downpipe, dual 2.5" exhaust, huge turbo (T-70 I believe, rebuilt in the last 5K miles), beefed up transmission with 3500 stall converter to handle the extra power, huge front mount intercooler with upgrade to radiator to ensure no heat issues (I've driven this in 115 degree AZ weather with no problem), custom programmed computer chip, believe I also have a maxeffort chip for it in the car, aluminum torque thrust II wheels with Nitto drag radials on the back (less than 2K miles on wheels and tires), air bags, alchohol injection system, brand new A/C system, GNX dash, race shifter system, custom guage pods with knock guage, full custom stereo system including Qlogic kickpanels with high end speakers, two amps and dual subwoofers (although I would think about pulling this out if the buyer isn't interested). It has brand new floor carpet, as well as spray on sound deadening material placed throughout the car. I'm sure there is a ton of other parts/items that I haven't mentioned for this car. I have probably invested 10-15K in the car since I've owned it if not more. This does not include the initial price of the car.

The bad: Paint is faded and in bad shape, there are parts on the front and rear bumper that are starting to chip, body is ok. Interior has some rips/tears. There was, at one point a full roll bar in the car. I had the side bars removed but the rear bar remains. Car has 5 point harness installed and in place. Guess this could be good or bad depending what you are looking for.

The car is very fast in its current form, and could be a lot faster with a good tune up. Starts right up and runs well. Car is streetable but could also be taken to the track easily and run good numbers.

I'm asking $9,800 OBO. I may also be willing to look at interesting trades for other cars, boats or ?

Additional pictures are located here: https://picasaweb.google.com/102733135545556476594/BuickGrandNational?authkey=Gv1sRgCIXpl8SAvvLFGg

Feel free to PM with questions, or post here and I'll respond. Also PM for email address or phone # to discuss. Thanks,

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,238
  • IMG_1735.JPG
    IMG_1735.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,129
All,

I'm selling my Grand National. I've owned the car for about 10 years, but I have several other cars and just don't drive this one enough. I'm originally from Arizona, and much of the work on the car was done by Nick Micale (Arizona GN in Phoenix). I had the car shipped up to Virginia where I currently live about 3 years ago but its only been driven about 5 times in the last year, and I've finally decided to sell it. Its taking up space in my driveway and I'm ready to sell so feel free to make an offer. Here are the details below:

The good: There has been a TON of work done to this car, when tuned properly this should easily be a high 10, low 11 second car. From memory, just a few things that the car has: New rebuilt engine with forged internals (probably less than 5K miles on it), 70mm throttle body, 55# injectors, walbro fuel pump, adjustable wastegate, GN1 heads, 3" downpipe, dual 2.5" exhaust, huge turbo (T-70 I believe, rebuilt in the last 5K miles), beefed up transmission with 3500 stall converter to handle the extra power, huge front mount intercooler with upgrade to radiator to ensure no heat issues (I've driven this in 115 degree AZ weather with no problem), custom programmed computer chip, believe I also have a maxeffort chip for it in the car, aluminum torque thrust II wheels with Nitto drag radials on the back (less than 2K miles on wheels and tires), air bags, alchohol injection system, brand new A/C system, GNX dash, race shifter system, custom guage pods with knock guage, full custom stereo system including Qlogic kickpanels with high end speakers, two amps and dual subwoofers (although I would think about pulling this out if the buyer isn't interested). It has brand new floor carpet, as well as spray on sound deadening material placed throughout the car. I'm sure there is a ton of other parts/items that I haven't mentioned for this car. I have probably invested 10-15K in the car since I've owned it if not more. This does not include the initial price of the car.

The bad: Paint is faded and in bad shape, there are parts on the front and rear bumper that are starting to chip, body is ok. Interior has some rips/tears. There was, at one point a full roll bar in the car. I had the side bars removed but the rear bar remains. Car has 5 point harness installed and in place. Guess this could be good or bad depending what you are looking for.

The car is very fast in its current form, and could be a lot faster with a good tune up. Starts right up and runs well. Car is streetable but could also be taken to the track easily and run good numbers.

I'm asking $9,800 OBO. I may also be willing to look at interesting trades for other cars, boats or ?

Additional pictures are located here: https://picasaweb.google.com/102733135545556476594/BuickGrandNational?authkey=Gv1sRgCIXpl8SAvvLFGg

Feel free to PM with questions, or post here and I'll respond. Also PM for email address or phone # to discuss. Thanks,

Dave
where in virginia?

Hey Ron - I'm out of town this weekend...back on Monday night. Will you still be around and/or do you make it to the area often? Would be happy to show you the car...

Hey Ron - I'm out of town this weekend...back on Monday night. Will you still be around and/or do you make it to the area often? Would be happy to show you the car...
i don't type well. is your phone broke?

subscribed to view pics from home. stupid work comp. has anyone in the area viewed this car yet?

subscribed to view pics from home. stupid work comp. has anyone in the area viewed this car yet?

I am in Virginia Beach about 1 hr from Yorktown. Although my knowledge is limited with the Engine (just got an 82 elky with 87 GN powerplant) I would be willing to take a look at the car for you if necessary and schedule permitting. You can ask me for specific things to look for as well as I will give you an overall on the car.

Bump - any interest? Warming up, got to get serious about selling this car it's taking up space in my driveway and I just don't drive it anymore...

I noticed that you had the car on eBay and the auction ended last night. Did it sell on eBay?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Trade 64 nova?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130430_132955.png
    ForumRunner_20130430_132955.png
    466.6 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20130430_133009.png
    ForumRunner_20130430_133009.png
    526.5 KB · Views: 103