1987 Grand National Roller 71,000 miles on body

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983transam

DAYTONA 500 TA
Clean 87 GN roller. Very complete except for....

1) Engine
2) Transmission
3) Engine wiring harness & ECM
4) Center caps for rims
5) Gas tank in trunk but has hole cut in it
$3500....$3500...$3500
Craigslist Link...
1987 Buick Grand National 3.8 Turbo T Type

My # is in Craigslist ad
Please contact me by phone. Emails will take longer

87 Grand National 71,000 miles

I'm selling the car with the engine & transmission.
The car has 71,000 miles on it.
The car has rust on the trunk lid where the previous owner placed a battery. The driver door has a spot by the front corner. Don't see any other rust besides that. Paint is OK. Car is all there.

Engine and trans are out of car
AC box is removed but have it complete
Crossmember included.
All hardware in container and included.
It's a project car but complete.
The gas tank is in trunk but has been cut/modified. You probably need a new one.

I will not take a deposit on car for you to come pick up car in a week. If you want it and need time to come pick it up it must be paid for in full otherwise don't bother.
The price is $5900.
As far as condition and price I'm asking from cars I see on here this one is better condition.

Call Louie @ 630 336 1669

I do not have more pictures...come look at car If you need to see more.
You guys know what this car is worth in parts or whole

Are you serious???

Louie,
What about the deposit I sent??? And the AGREEMENT we had that I would pick the car up Saturday?? Are you for real? I've done business and bought cars from several guys on this forum and they all now I'm a stand up guy! You are the one that wanted to change the "deal" (sellers regret). I have the calls and emails to back up exactly what went down. I've also called you twice and just left you a voicemail. Not cool!:mad:

Louie,
What about the deposit I sent??? And the AGREEMENT we had that I would pick the car up Saturday?? Are you for real? I've done business and bought cars from several guys on this forum and they all now I'm a stand up guy! You are the one that wanted to change the "deal" (sellers regret). I have the calls and emails to back up exactly what went down. I've also called you twice and just left you a voicemail. Not cool!:mad:

dude dont tell me you just got played

I sure hope not:biggrin: Just hoping people still "do the right thing" if you know what I mean. Maybe it's just a "misunderstanding".:wink:

THE REAL STORY:

Saw the listing in the for sale forum last Saturday the 28th. Went to the Craigslist listing and called Louie. Asked him a few questions about the car and asked him if he was “flexible” on the price and he asked “why?” I told him that I would have to travel about 8-9 hours to pick it up and he said OK he would take $3200. I asked him if he wanted a deposit on the car to hold it until I could get there to pick it up and we agreed to $200. I told him that I would PayPal him the $200 deposit as soon as I ran a Carfax and that I would probably not be able to come get the car until “next Saturday”. He questioned how much PayPal would charge for the deposit so I sent a PayPal for $210. Louie asked that I contact him “in about 15 min after I sent it” to confirm he got it because a lot of people were interested in the car and “if you don’t take the car you lose your deposit”. I assured him that I would take it and we would hash out the details when I called to confirm he got the PayPal. I later called him to confirm he got it and told him that I would be there to get the car on Saturday and maybe earlier if I could get away from work. He stated that he wanted cash “all $100’s” and I joked that I would bring all “ones” because that’s how I make them. I once AGAIN confirmed that I would be there to get the car on Saturday or earlier if possible. He was fine with that. a few days I later went to the Craigslist listing to get his number and it had been removed. I then sent him a couple e-mails letting him know I did not have his number and asked if he would send it to me, once again stating I was coming to get the car SATURDAY. He responded last night (Tuesday the 31st with the number and asking if I would “wire” the money to his account as he had found a Trans Am in California that he wanted to buy. I responded that I sent the deposit with the understanding I would pay the balance in CASH when I picked the car up. He then sent me a response e-mail in which he seemed upset that I would not “wire” the money to him and questioned “why” he even made the deal with me since he could “sell the car for more money” and not have to wait until Saturday.

BECAUSE WE HAD AN AGREEMENT AND YOU HAVE MY DEPOSIT!
THAT’S WHY!

Louie.....How bout' you PayPal my $210 (thats 216.30 with Paypal fees) back and SAVE ME A TRIP.

And I won't post up your crying "Don't know why I sold you the car when I could have got more for it and bought the Trans Am I want" e-mail:biggrin:

THE REAL STORY:

Saw the listing in the for sale forum last Saturday the 28th. Went to the Craigslist listing and called Louie. Asked him a few questions about the car and asked him if he was “flexible” on the price and he asked “why?” I told him that I would have to travel about 8-9 hours to pick it up and he said OK he would take $3200. I asked him if he wanted a deposit on the car to hold it until I could get there to pick it up and we agreed to $200. I told him that I would PayPal him the $200 deposit as soon as I ran a Carfax and that I would probably not be able to come get the car until “next Saturday”. He questioned how much PayPal would charge for the deposit so I sent a PayPal for $210. Louie asked that I contact him “in about 15 min after I sent it” to confirm he got it because a lot of people were interested in the car and “if you don’t take the car you lose your deposit”. I assured him that I would take it and we would hash out the details when I called to confirm he got the PayPal. I later called him to confirm he got it and told him that I would be there to get the car on Saturday and maybe earlier if I could get away from work. He stated that he wanted cash “all $100’s” and I joked that I would bring all “ones” because that’s how I make them. I once AGAIN confirmed that I would be there to get the car on Saturday or earlier if possible. He was fine with that. a few days I later went to the Craigslist listing to get his number and it had been removed. I then sent him a couple e-mails letting him know I did not have his number and asked if he would send it to me, once again stating I was coming to get the car SATURDAY. He responded last night (Tuesday the 31st with the number and asking if I would “wire” the money to his account as he had found a Trans Am in California that he wanted to buy. I responded that I sent the deposit with the understanding I would pay the balance in CASH when I picked the car up. He then sent me a response e-mail in which he seemed upset that I would not “wire” the money to him and questioned “why” he even made the deal with me since he could “sell the car for more money” and not have to wait until Saturday.

BECAUSE WE HAD AN AGREEMENT AND YOU HAVE MY DEPOSIT!
THAT’S WHY!

Louie.....How bout' you PayPal my $210 (thats 216.30 with Paypal fees) back and SAVE ME A TRIP.

And I won't post up your crying "Don't know why I sold you the car when I could have got more for it and bought the Trans Am I want" e-mail:biggrin:

Ouch. Good luck man! What a snake.

ZNix

Louie. I suggest you give this guy his deposit back. I've known this guy for years and he will spend $1000 to drive up and get his $200 back. You ever see that movie "Next of Kin"? That's the kind of people you are dealing with. Granted, you didn't kill his brother, but $200 is real close.

Here are the emails!

Ok Louie. You have had a chance to "do the right thing" and you have been on here since I posted this afternoon and still no call or PayPal refund so here are our emails. BTW you NEVER once contacted ME before you relisted the car to discuss ANYTHING. The reason I wouldn't "wire" you the money has nothing to do with TRUST it has to do with not knowing you and your unwillingness to communicate. I mean look at the latest post. No additional pics...Pay for it then come look at it.....will not take deposit.....what a tool! Looking forward to my refund;)

Here are the emails: (reverse chronological order)

Louie,I was not offering parts as trade on the car. I just saw that you were looking for parts lately and was offering to bring you something if you needed it. As far as the car you said you were ok with the deposit and I would bring cash (all 100's). You also said this Saturday would be fine. I'm sure there is a lot of interest in the car. That is why I called just after you listed it. The same situation has happened to me on things I've sold in the past. My intent was not to offend you but it seems like that is the case. For that I apologize. I thought we were just a couple "car guys" that made a "deal". I offered the deposit as goodwill in our deal and as you stated I will "lose it" if I do not buy the car. I am taking the risk here. If I drive up and don't buy it I am out $500 in deposit and fuel and you will still sell it. I understand you are looking at another car but I would hope this would not change our deal. I tried to give you a call this morning to discuss. Please give me a call 304-9XX-88XX. Hope we are still good.John Sent from my iPhone On Jun 1, 2011,

at 1:27 AM, Louie <louielouie33@aol.com> wrote: > No I don't need any parts. I'm giving you the car for $300 less because you're traveling. I can sell the car for $3500 to a lot of people. I bought the car and traveled. 10 hours to get it. It cost me a lot in gas and trailer. I don't know why I have to sell it to you for less because You're traveling. I can sell it for $3500 and already Have all my money. Maybe you shouldn't come buy it. Ill just refund your money PayPal and sell it for the $3500 and nit lose $300 just because You're traveling. On top of That I'd like to buy a Trans Am in California and not blow the deal. > > Sent from my Samsung Captivate(tm) on AT&T> >

John Kopy <kopyscij@hotmail.com> wrote:> >> >> I would really rather just bring the cash with me. May be able to come a day or so earlier though. I will check with my co-driver in the morning. It's not that I don't trust you but I have been buying these cars for a long time (traveled to OK, MS, PA a couple times, OH, MI, and NC) and just like to do the deals in person. I hope this is OK with you. I can imagine you have a lot of interest in it. I am pretty excited myself. I got the trailer all set today (new winch). >> John>> >>> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:42:34 -0500>>>

Subject: Re: Getting set up to come get the car. Misplaced your number.>>> From: louielouie33@aol.com>>> To: kopyscij@hotmail.com>>> >>> Is there any way you wire transfer the money to my chase acct? I'd like to buy a Trans Am in California and it would be nice to have the money to pay for it. Shipping is expensive. Call me And ill give you acct #. Oh yeah a **** load of people have called and want the car if you don't pick it up>>> >>> Sent from my Samsung Captivate(tm) on AT&T>>> >>>

John Kopy <kopyscij@hotmail.com> wrote:>>> >>>> >>>> Louie,>>>> This is John, the guy from WV that is buying your GN roller. I misplaced your cell number and saw that you have pulled the listing. Shoot me your number again please. Looks like I will be heading up on Saturday. Probably see you early afternoon.>>>> Thanks, John >>

If he does not make this right with you he will never post here again. We do not need any more scammers and are trying to weed them out one at a time.

Let me know either way.

Ty

If he does not make this right with you he will never post here again. We do not need any more scammers and are trying to weed them out one at a time.

Let me know either way.

Ty

Will do. He probably won't want to post here anyway. From researching his posts it appears he bought the GN with the intent of transplanting the drivetrain into a TA then realized it wasn't that simple. I was not willing to "finance" his latest TA purchase and then discover the GN was not as described and it PI**ED him off I guess. It amazes me how he somehow blamed me because I would not send him the funds to purchase another car. The California TA was not my deal, the purchase of his GN was, yet it somehow is my fault. As he stated "On top of That I'd like to buy a Trans Am in California and not blow the deal". What "deal" is he talking about? Obviously not the one he made with me:confused:

John

Keep us informed on this guy , people like this are bad for this site. Not sure where you are located but I live on the MO / AR boarder and if you need a place to stay or crash for the trip let me know.

Hope you get your money back. Damn whats going on here lately with these douch bags. :mad:

Agreed! Hey John.. maybe you should take a trip down there and show him that you can Kick some Ass with Class too :biggrin:
Good luck and keep us posted.. its sad that you get screwed from someone who is supposed to be a "car guy" when it seems like all he wants to do is flip cars and scam for cash..

All the best!

-Rich

What a jerk. It strangely sounds like "Louie" had a higher offer than the price he agreed to sell it to you for and TOOK IT. That what it looks like to me, but that's just me. He just wants more money and got it!

I sure hope you can get your money back...people like him should be shot. Or thrown in front of a train.

What a drag! Sorry this happened to you. Maybe I should send "Big Barkey" after him!

Bruce '87 Grand National

May need to sell my white hardtop T roller with 50K. Not sure yet though. PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.