1990's Buick Park Avenue Ultras

Happs

I own a 1988 Buick LeSabre with about 80,000 miles. I'm happy with the car and the reliability has been very good. Outside of regular maintenance, the only repairs have been to replace two fuel injectors (due to leaks--gave off a gasoline smell). At a stoplight today, I saw an elderly gentleman driving a snappy looking mid 90's Buick Park Avenue. The For Sale sign said 1994 Buick Park Avenue Ultra 45,000 miles. I'm not in a hurry to get a new car but this model caught my attention. I've read mixed reviews on it. It's supposed to be a luxurious smooth ride and have excellent power but the supercharger is very costly to repair when it fails. What do you all think of mid 90's Buick Park Avenue Ultras? Better or worse overall that the boxy late 80's Buick LeSabres?

yeah they are nice cars...i don't think superchargers fail that often, but if you take it to the dealership they will rape you...you can buy fully rebuilt superchargers for $800

i had a 91 LeSabre w/ 150K miles when i sold it...great car..never spent a day at the shop, ever :)

I've talked to several supercharged 3800 owners and they seem to get about 100k or so out of them before they poop out. Once they are replaced it's back to fun.

rarely do i hear of them failing at 100K miles...maybe the series I m62s.....but all you have to do is rebuild the snout, which isn't very costly to do:)

I drive a 94 park ave ultra with 72,000 miles, and it still runs great. The ride is very smooth and it does have a respectable amount of power for a 3800lb car; it hauls. The only maintenace issue I've had with er' was replacing the alternator twice. Still not sure what caused the failure, but after the second replacing theres been no problems. That was about 35,000 miles ago.