1st and reverse ONLY.

280GNZ

Ok i did a search and read all i could.
I have a Good Reverse and First gear. It is an 1987 GN with a BRF 200 4r
I just got the tranny back from the shop and put in. I adjusted the TV cable so its not that. What can i check next ? I read a post about the gov. How do i check that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jerry

a stuck tv valve will do it also.install a pressure gage and verify you dont have max tv at idle holding the shift valves closed allowing only a 1/2 shift a 5200 rpm or against the rev limiter on lift throttle at 5200 rpms .if tv pressure is correct ,remove governor and check for a missing spring ,a missing check ball in governor body,a broken gear,cracked inner portion of gear allowing no governor body rotation ,missing governor cvr gasket or teflon seal ,and finally fill governor with solvent and with the weights extended assure no heavy ,rapid leaks at check balls .in order for the governor to cause a no upshift situation the oil being fed to it musr be completely or partially exhausting allowing tv to seat the shift valves shut because there is no opposing governor oil to upshift them ./even with a missing spring a lite lite throttle 1/2 shift should occur off the primary weight below 15 mph w/ little or no tv presure.www.ckperformance.com

I have the same problem ( Reverse and first are just fine) All other gears are gone. I checked the Gov. spring and it was still there. What is involved in pulling the VB off? I am mechanicly inclined and like to do a lot of my own work.

Thanks
Bol

TV cable

I raked that thing a few good times and nothing. Maybe I need to get a pressure checker and varify proper readings. What would be a good number for this particular test?