2 post lift - who has one, what kind and reliability

smokingunz

He guys, I have been looking in to several but just need some real use reports on what you have and how they work?

I probably cant afford a bend-pak or rotary so am honestly looking at lesser brands, atlas, direct lift...whatever!
Please share, thanks

Travis

check craigs for local ones for older dealer lifts that they cycle out or from closures that just need to be removed
we had a local caddy dealer with 10 units up for grabs . picked up a Forward 7000 (rotary) 10 ft wide under a grand
my buddy in north phily found a guy on craigs that had some used 10Klb 12' wide lifts ..and they came and installed for under 2g

Pace, I been looking man but very little comes for sale around here and few that have are seriously clapped out. The real question is if I buy a less expensive brand will it be crap, or are they suitable for a hobby guy like they are designed?

I got mine from American Automotive Equipment 5 yrs ago . 2 post 9000 lb with overhead bar . I have had a 3/4 ton van & my own 1/2 ton extended cab truck on it with no problems , nice and sturdy . I've got my car on it right now and it's been up and down a hundred times since I started my motor change & E85 conversion . My son uses it for break jobs all the time , I should charge rent . http://www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/UnitedProducts-TP09A-Two-Post-Lift-p/tp09a.htm

I just noticed that it has free shipping , that makes it only $300 more than I paid 5yrs ago.

Buy something ALI certified even if it means buying used like pacecarta said. I would much rather have a used ALI certified lift than a cheap new lift. If you buy one used and your not familiar with installation, etc have it installed and checked over.

I bought a new 10k lb asymmetric Worth for 2.5 k. In 2009. Installed it myself and it's been Great although barely used. Worth is one of the few affordable American lifts. I'd buy again.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've got a Bend-Pak. It's a good value for the $$$. The only shitty part of them I've seen so far is the supplied hyd hoses. They dont have a very long life. I went to a local shop and had them make new lines and all has been fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Dannmar MaxJax lift. This is a nice lift for someone that does not have a lot of room

I have a 9000 lb Challenger lift. I paid around $3k back in 2007. I wanted a Rotary but didn't want to spend that much. It's been reliable. I've never had any problems with it.

newpics133Medium.jpg

I've got two rotaries, a 10,000 symmetrical new. And a well used 7000k low rise a symmetrical. The new lift I got for $3k they drug it out here on a Saturday and installed it in an hr. Total was $38xx. Same company that services the dealership I work at. I paid $1 for the used lift and $750 for them to drag it out here and install. I could not be happier with either one.

Pace, I been looking man but very little comes for sale around here and few that have are seriously clapped out. The real question is if I buy a less expensive brand will it be crap, or are they suitable for a hobby guy like they are designed?

2 experiences w/ that lift. Neither were good.
1 the left side collapsed, and dumped a new Vette on the fllor.
The 2nd is at my buds shop. so tippy that I use screw supports when under a car...

2 experiences w/ that lift. Neither were good.
1 the left side collapsed, and dumped a new Vette on the fllor.
The 2nd is at my buds shop. so tippy that I use screw supports when under a car...
Holy crap Chuck that is scary! I guess this is what I needed to remind me that saving $500 on a cheap lift that may be fine...just isn't worth it! My local Napa has Challenger 10k, ALI certified lifts for $27xx dropped at my house. Im not sure that I will buy a name brand certified much cheaper, Bend paks are about the same and Rotarys are much higher so thanks everyone for all the input and remindedr to not cheap out on something like this!

Travis

Save up some money and get a ALI certified lift.

I have a Bend Pak 10k symetrical lift. It has lifted anything I put on it. From a '93 Geo Prizm to my friends' CCLB 7.3 Powerstroke duallie and E-cutaway 7.3 with a 10' utility box. The lift didn't even make a different sound lifting.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Bend Pak is just a hair under 3k with free freight from Northerntool.com
If you buy a bend-pak have new hoses made at a hose assembly shop. The ones that come with them are cheap crap and will wear out and inconvenience you at the worst time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk